3M™ Screen Printable Sheet Polyester Label Material 7980 is a durable, high performance material that offers excellent thermal stability, moisture resistance and chemical resistance. This material utilizes 3M™ Adhesive 300, which has excellent quick tack and also bonds well to a variety of surfaces including LSE plastics.
- Facestocks (polyester and vinyl) and adhesives offer heat tolerance, clarity, and UV resistance
- 3M adhesive 300 bonds well to a wide variety of substrates including metals, high surface energy (HSE) plastics and low surface energy (LSE) plastics.
- Liner provides easy sheet processing and is designed for layflat. The backside of the liner is not printable.
- UL recognized (File MH11410) and CSA accepted (File 99316). See the UL and CSA listings for details.
- Variable information can be added by the end user, as the material is dot matrix printable and hand writable.
- It is ideal for applications requiring high initial adhesion especially to LSE plastic surfaces.
|Width||20 in||508 mm|
|Length||27 in||0.68 m|
What is the size of each sheet in a case of 3M™ Dot Matrix Label Material 7980, White Polyester?
Each sheet in a case of 3M™ Dot Matrix Label Material 7980, White Polyester measures to be 20 inches by 27 inches.
How many sheets come in one case of this label material?
There are total of hundred (100) sheets that come in one cases for use with your projects using dot matrix printers
Can I print on these labels without ink smudging or rubbing off easily over time?
Yes; typically made from high-quality materials for durable printing. It has been engineered for exceptional toner anchorage and has excellent image stability over long term usage. In addition it provides clean removals after thermal transfer prints which helps make maintenance easier for you.
Is there anything else that should be considered before purchasing this product.
T he main things to consider before buying this product would primarily depend on the type and scope of your project & printer specifications needed as well as how much volume you will require. Rest assured our ongoing commitment towards delivering quality products makes us confident that this affordable labeling solution can help meet all your needs!
3M™ Dot Matrix Label Materials are specially designed for dot matrix/impact and other computer imprinting applications. These labels feature a range of topcoated facestocks, adhesives, and liners. The coated facestocks accept a wide variety of flexographic and U.V. rotary letter press film inks, as well as screen, ion deposition, offset, and thermal transfer printing. Most of these labels also allow for hand writeability in ballpoint pen ink. Adhesives are formulated for general-purpose labeling, as well as a range of demanding environments, including acid-resistant labels and labeling in low temperatures. A range of kraft liners includes supercalendered, clay coated, and polycoated for strength and stability during high-speed die-cutting and matrix stripping, perforations, and fanfolds.
- Barcode labels and rating plates
- Property identification and asset labeling
- Warning, instruction, and service labels for durable goods
- Nameplates for durable goods
- Substitutes for stamped metal, riveted plates
- Power tools
- Outdoor overlaminates
- Equipment and machinery
- Lawn and garden
About 3M Adhesives for Dot Matrix Labels
3M™ Dot Matrix Label Materials feature a range of specially-formulated adhesives for just the right balance of adhesion and removability. Adhesives include:
- 3M™ Adhesive 300 - a medium-firm adhesive for general-purpose labeling. It is tested for a range of surfaces including polypropylene, polyester, ABS, polycarbonate, and stainless steel.
- 3M™ Adhesive 310 - resists oozing and provides high bond strength on a variety of surfaces, ideal for smaller label printing applications. Its firmness is compatible with thermal transfer and laser technologies.
- 3M™ Adhesive P1212 - a high-clarity emulsion, ideal for use on overlamination and decorative films. It adheres well to painted metal (except powder coats), plastics such as polystyrene and ABS, galvanized and stainless steel, aluminum, and even glass.
- 3M™ High Performance Permanent Tackified Acrylic Adhesive P1400 - formulated for use in demanding environments. This adhesive offers good UV resistance and excellent adhesion to a wide variety of substrates, including polyolefins.
- 3M™ Freezer Grade Acrylic Adhesive F2201 - offers high initial tack, good clarity, and adhesion when applied at temperatures as low as 0°F (-18°C).
- 3M™ High Performance Permanent Tackified Acrylic Adhesive P1480 - formulated for acid resistance and adhesion to polyolefins, and meets the demanding requirements of most battery label specifications.
Many of these adhesives are UL recognized and CSA accepted (see the UL and CSA listings for Files and other details).
Bringing Better Ideas to the Surface through Science
3M is the premier durable label solution provider globally in the Industry today. 3M materials and services will enable you and your customers to present the best images, products, and quality as we solve marketplace solutions from design to production. We do this by partnering with industry leaders to deliver the best possible technology for innovative solutions regardless of your print method, substrates, and ink systems.
Brochures, Catalogs & Data Sheets
- Pdf Data Sheets_screen printable s