Scotch-Brite™ EXL Deburring Wheel features a hard, dense consistency that quickly deburrs, finishes, and polishes all types of metals, composites, glass and leaves a smooth, clean surface. Its conformable characteristic makes the wheel ideal for deburring stamped or laser cut parts, or for finishing after belt sanding.
- Solid, dense, and conformable wheel produces a professional finish the first time, without undercutting, gouging, or distorting the workpiece
- Effective for all types of metals, composites, and glass, allowing one wheel to perform more tasks
- Conformability allows abrasive to stay in contact with complex-shaped parts in robotic processing
- Convolute construction keeps the wheel running smooth, producing a consistent, superior finish
- Unique resin system minimizes smearing, reducing time spent cleaning surfaces
- Minimizes heat build up to reduce risk of discoloration and warping on heat-sensitive substrates
|Diameter||6 in||152.4 mm|
|Maximum Speed||6,000 rpm|
What is the Scotch-Brite EXL Deburring Wheel made of?
The Scotch-Brite EXL Deburring Wheel is a combination of tough, resin-bonded aluminum oxide abrasive with dual-density construction.
What can I use this deburring wheel for?
This deburring wheel is ideal for removing surface defects and preparing parts for final finishing. It's suitable for use on all metals, including stainless steel.
Is this product available in different sizes?
Yes! The 3M Scotch-Brite EXL Deburring Wheel comes in multiple sizes- you can choose the size that best suits your requirements.
How long does the Scotch-Brite EXL Deburring Wheel last?
The lifespan of the wheel depends on several factors such as usage conditions and material being processed. However, with proper care, it provides long-lasting performance without compromising quality or consistency.
. Will this product outperform traditional abrasives like sandpaper or wire brushes?
A. Absolutely! With its enhanced cutting action combined with minimal heat buildup make these wheels perform exceptionally well than other popular alternatives like sandpaper and wire brushes while also lasting much longer so you spend less time changing discs and more time working.
The Scotch-Brite™ EXL Deburring Wheel is designed to create a clean surface without smearing, reducing the need for additional clean up and preparation. The wheel's convolute construction and clean, uniform wear keep it running smoothly and help the operator attain a professional finish while minimizing the pressure required on the workpiece. The nonwoven material of the Scotch-Brite™ runs cool and provides the EXL Deburring Wheel with uniform wear, keeping fresh abrasives continuously exposed. This makes it a superior choice on heat-sensitive substrates. Additionally, the toughness of the wheel extends its service life.Ideal for Robotic Deburring
Scotch-Brite™ industrial abrasives are a great option for robotic deburring due to their wide range of conformability options and high consistency. The Scotch-Brite™ EXL Deburring Wheel quickly removes burrs and sharp edges in end-of-arm tooling operations, delivering consistent performance through the full life of the abrasive.Available in Your Choice of Mineral
The Scotch-Brite™ EXL Deburring Wheel is available with either silicon carbide or aluminum oxide abrasive mineral. Silicon carbide is a synthetic mineral that is very sharp and commonly used for low-pressure applications such as paint prep and finishing. Aluminum oxide, on the other hand, is a hard, blocky mineral that provides high cut-rate and long life. While silicon carbide breaks down faster than aluminum oxide, it produces a finer finish.The Many Benefits of Open Web Abrasives
Scotch-Brite™ offers a unique surface conditioning product with abrasives incorporated into nonwoven nylon fibers. Combining abrasives with the fibers creates an abrasive system that delivers consistent results for the life of the product. The open-web material is load resistant and keeps the abrasive minerals cutting at high performance by limiting clogging of the nylon fibers.
- Creates a clean surface without smearing
- Reduces the need for additional clean up and preparation
- Runs smoothly and helps attain a professional finish
- Minimizes the pressure required on the workpiece
- Nonwoven material runs cool and provides uniform wear
- Superior choice on heat-sensitive substrates
- Extends service life