|Part Number||1003 SL|
|Product Number||1003 SL|
3M™ Fire Barrier Water Tight Sealant 1003 SL is a self-leveling silicone sealant firestop that creates a flexible seal and resists moisture across floors and other horizontal surfaces. This ready-to-use, single component neutral cure firestop is tested to ASTM and UL standards to help control the spread of fire, smoke and noxious gasses.
- Meets UL Water Leakage Test, W Rating (Class 1 requirements)
- Self-leveling formula is optimal for horizontal applications, eliminating the need for tooling
- Offers compression and extension capability of ±31% for dynamic and static construction joints
- Firestop tested up to 3 hours in accordance with ASTM E 814 (UL 1479) and CAN/ULC S115
- Fire resistance tested for construction joint (including curtain wall) systems in accordance with ASTM E 1966 (UL 2079), ASTM E 2307
- Single component sealer is ready to use with no mixing required
- Neutral cure – delivers higher adhesion with very little odor
- Halogen-free formula helps control spread of noxious gasses, smoke and flame
- Sealant is paintable with primer
- Excellent caulk rate and sealant can be applied with conventional caulking equipment
- Exceptional weatherability for durability during construction
- Minimizes noise transfer (STC-Rating of 56 when tested in STC 56-rated wall assembly)
- Formulated as a re-enterable and repairable solution
What is 3M™ Fire Barrier Water Tight Sealant 1003 SL?
3M™ Fire Barrier Water Tight Sealant 1003 SL is a one-part, medium-modulus, elastomeric sealant designed for use in firestop applications.
In what color and size does the sealant come?
The sealant comes in gray color and a 4.5-gallon drum (pail) package that can be easily installed with standard caulking equipment.
Is this product safe?
Yes! This ASTM E-814 listed firestop material has excellent adhesion to most construction materials, as well as excellent water resistance and weatherability.
Where can I use this product?
This product creates an effective barrier against the penetration of fire, smoke gases and water into certain areas. It's ideal for around metallic pipes, conduits or cables through penetrating concrete slabs or walls.
Ideal for horizontal surfaces, 3M™ Fire Barrier Water Tight Sealant 1003 SL provides up to 3-hour protection against the spread of fire, smoke and noxious gas when properly installed in tested and listed systems. Our silicone sealant is tested to stringent standards: it is perimeter fire barrier tested up to 3 hours in accordance with ASTM E 2307, firestop tested up to 3 hours in accordance with ASTM E 814 (UL 1479) & CAN/ULC S115 and Fire Resistance tested for construction joint systems in accordance with ASTM E 1966 (UL 2079). It also resists moisture according to UL Water Leakage Test, W Rating - Class 1 requirements, minimizes noise transfer (STC-Rating of 56 when tested in a STC 56-rated wall assembly) and acts as a smoke seal for installations requiring the L-Rating. It meets the intent of LEED® VOC environmental regulations, and it meets International Building Code (IBC) as well as other key life safety building code requirements.Recommended Applications:
- Dynamic and static construction joints
- Perimeter fire barrier system and curtain wall joints
- Firestop blank openings
- Penetrating items that pass through fire-rated floors
This durable, flexible firestop sealant is also very easy to use. It is a single-component silicone sealer which can be applied using conventional caulking equipment with no mixing required. Its self-leveling formula virtually eliminates the need for tooling. The neutral cure silicone sealant cures through exposure to natural environmental humidity and provides excellent adhesion with very low odor. Once applied, 3M™ Fire Barrier Water Tight Sealant 1003 SL is re-enterable, repairable and exhibits excellent weathering during construction which cuts down on time and rework.Reliable and Affordable Fire Protection
Effective and easy to install, 3M™ Fire Barrier Water Tight Sealant 1003 SL is part of 3M's family of fire protection products that offer the broadest, long-lasting solutions for a variety of commercial, industrial and residential applications. As a trusted leader in the fire protection industry, 3M offers a broad line of affordable products designed to meet the most demanding firestop requirements. Find the solution you need from the industry-preferred line of fire protection products.