3M™ Hot Melt Applicator Tips offer versatility when dispensing hot melt adhesives. Uniquely designed for 3M™ Hot Melt Applicators, these tips can help maximize the use of hot melt adhesives by improving productivity, optimizing precision, and reducing waste in your assembly process.
- Threaded interiors provides easy installation
- Metal construction withstands high temperature adhesives
- Improves sightline and maximum control
- Provides precise and controlled adhesive flow
What is a 3M™ Hot Melt T Tip Assembly?
The 3M™ Hot Melt T Tip Assembly is an industrial adhesive dispensing tool designed to help you apply hot melt adhesives precisely and easily.
What are the benefits of using this assembly?
It features a durable construction that ensures long-lasting use, helps save time and promotes high performance. With the three interchangeable tips, it allows for controlled bead size in your bonding applications.
How easy is it to use?
This assembly provides quick and effortless application as inputting into compatible models doesn't need any sophisticated training or knowledge. And with its compact design, it fits comfortably in your hand making work easy.
How do I know if it's right for my industry needs?
Our customer service representatives can help entrepreneurs find the best options for their specific binding purposes whether undertaken professionally or on Do It Yourself projects. If you're looking for reliability, durability, versatility from your adhesive system—then consider this one!
3M™ Hot Melt Applicators are designed to refine, adapt, shape, or streamline your hot melt applications. These tips are exclusively designed for 3M™ Hot Melt Applicators and provide precise and controlled flow of hot melt into hard-to-reach areas, including corners. Different nozzles can be used to apply thin, wide strips or narrow, thicker beads.
- 3M™ Hot Melt Applicator TC Nozzle Tip 9725 - A mini aluminum tip designed to provide a precise and controlled flow of hot melt into hard-to-reach areas, including corners. It features a smaller opening (.072") than the standard nozzle.
- 3M™ Hot Melt Applicator Standard Nozzle Tip 9921 - A fluted metal tip designed as a replacement for standard nozzles (0.090") on most 3M™ Hot Melt Applicators.
- 3M™ Hot Melt Applicator High Viscosity Tip 9940 - A fluted (0.125") metal tip designed for use with high viscosity hot melts.
- 3M™ Hot Melt Applicator PG II/PG II LT Extension Tip 9946 - A (0.072") brass tip that offers a better sight line and maximum control during application, and helps reduce initial surge. This tip is designed for used on 3M™ Hot Melt Applicator PG II and 3M™ Hot Melt Applicator PG II LT.
- 3M™ Hot Melt Applicator T Tip Assembly 9726 - A "T" shaped nozzle that provides two precise lines of hot melt for consistent coverage when sealing regular slotted cartons (RSC).
- 3M™ Hot Melt Applicator 2 Hole Spreader Tip 9913 - An aluminum tip designed to provide a 0.5" band of hot melt adhesive. The interior is threaded for easy application onto the valve assembly.
- 3M™ Hot Melt Applicator Fluted Tip 9922 - A fluted, metal tip designed to provide a precise and controlled flow of hot melt into hard-to-reach areas, including corners. It features a smaller opening (0.063") than the standard nozzle.
- 3M™ Hot Melt Applicator Extension Tip 9785 - A tapered aluminum extension tip designed to provide a precise and controlled flow of hot melt, even in difficult to reach areas. It features a smaller opening (0.07") than a standard nozzle.
- 3M™ Hot Melt Applicator 3 Hole Spreader Tip 9916 - An aluminum tip designed to provide a 0.25" wide band of hot melt adhesive.
- 3M™ Hot Melt Applicator 3 Hole Spreader Tip 9917 - An aluminum tip designed to provide a 1-" wide band of hot melt adhesive.
3M™ Hot Melt Applicators, also referred to as "glue guns," are tools used to apply liquefied thermoplastic adhesives. They are available in low and high-temperature versions. Low-temperature adhesive applicators operate at approximately 250ºF / 121ºC and are beneficial when bonding heat sensitive materials such as electronics, plastics, and cloth. High-temperature applicators operate at a minimal temperature of approximately 380ºF / 193ºC and can dispense adhesives that produce a stronger bond than low-temperature adhesives.
Melted 3M™ Hot Melt Adhesive is extruded through the nozzle by either pneumatic pressure, a mechanical trigger mechanism, or with pressure applied directly on the stick. Hot melt adhesive generally sets quickly, ranging from a few seconds to a few minutes, depending on the adhesive formulation.Bringing Better Ideas to the Surface through Science and Innovation
In the 3M Industrial Adhesives and Tapes Division, they apply the science of adhesion to deliver innovative solutions that improve the design and manufacturing processes of companies around the world. In the end, their technologies help customers like you deliver competitive products to the market faster and more efficiently.