The 3M™ Dynatel™ Locator 2220M Series is designed to find the path and estimated depth of buried pipes and cables.
- Four active trace frequencies which can be used individually or simultaneously to compensate for varying field conditions. The receiver incorporates passive power and auxiliary frequencies that do not require the use of the transmitter.
- Graphic display to distinguish between targeted cable and other cables in congested area.
- Accurate multi-antenna design for various user-selected locating modes—Directional Peak, Multi-Directional Null, plus a single antenna Special Peak mode for deep depths.
- Directional mode utilizes all-peak antenna design for improved left/right guidance and accurate locates in challenging conditions.
- Compatibility with select GPS/GIS field mapping instruments for real time mapping of electronic markers or pipe and cable facilities.
- Locate, write and read information into the 3M™ iD Electronic Marker System.
What is the range of the 3M™ Dynatel™ Pipe/Cable Locator 2220M-CU12W/RT?
The maximum range of this pipe and cable locator is up to 20 feet.
Is it easy to use?
Yes, it's a very user-friendly device with intuitive controls and clear display.
Can it locate different types of pipes and cables?
Yes, it can locate various metallic and non-metallic pipes as well as live power lines and telecommunication cables.
How accurate is its locating capability?
It has a precision mode that allows for centimeter-level accuracy in pinpointing underground utilities.
Does it come with any accessories or carrying case?
A: Yes, the locator comes with transmitter clamps, receiver induction wand, ground stake set, batteries included along with a hard carrying case for safe storage.
The product features include:
- Two active frequencies (8 kHz, 82 kHz)
- Passive frequencies for power, cathodic protection systems
- Detects frequencies from sondes and remote transmitters (512 Hz, 640 Hz, 33 kHz)
- Direct readout of active duct probe (sonde)
- Cable/pair identification
- Receivers incorporate an "expander" function to make peaks and nulls more pronounced
- Receiver and transmitter self-test each time the unit is turned on
Brochures, Catalogs & Data Sheets
- Pdf Instructions_3mtm dynateltm ad