3M™ Cushion-Mount™ Plus Plate Mounting Tape E1520H with easy mount adhesive is designed for mounting flexographic print plates to cylinders or sleeves. This purple foam mounting tape provides high quality medium combination print.
- 0.020 inch (0.51 mm) double coated foam tape has the air release feature
- Plate side adhesive technology designed to resist edge lifting on flexographic print plates
- Medium density foam is ideal for printing combinations of solids and process with halftone dots
- Purple foam color indicates the medium density foam
- Securely bonds the flexographic photopolymer plate to the print sleeve or steel cylinder to prevent plate edge lifting during printing
- Higher plate side adhesion for challenging print conditions that use thick plates or small print sleeves
- Print plates mounted on E1520H will have no air bubbles under the plate due to the air release feature designed into the tape
- Grooves in the adhesive are created by a cross-hatch pattern from the release liner
- Plate demounts from the double coated cushioned tape without adhesive residue
- Tape also removes cleanly from the sleeve or steel print cylinder
- Cushioned flexographic plate mounting sticky back foam tape for flexographic printing
|Width||18 in||457.2 mm|
|Length||5 yd||4.57 m|
What is the thickness of 3M™ Cushion-Mount™ Plus Plate Mounting Tape E1520H?
The tape has a thickness of 20 mils.
Can you tell me about the color options for this product?
This particular tape comes in a purple color.
How big is one roll and how many cases can I order if I want more than one?
One roll measures at 18 inches by 5 yards, and each case includes just one roll per case. However, you are able to order multiple cases if needed.
Is there any sample available for testing purposes before purchasing this product?
Yes! There are samples available which allows you test it out beforehand. They're perfect to ensure that you're getting exactly what you need for your project needs!
3M™ Cushion-Mount™ Plus Plate Mounting Tape E1520H is a purple foam tape that provides high quality medium combination print. It has the air release feature that allows for bubble-free mounting. This tape has excellent resistance to lifting on press allowing for clean plate removal.Recommended Applications
- Mounting photopolymer plates to flexographic printing cylinders and sleeves
- Used in combination, process and solid printing processes
- On wide-web presses to print film or paper for flexible packaging industry
3M flexographic plate mounting tapes are highly engineered to provide very tight caliper tolerance to allow printers to use tape from different manufacturing lots and keep tight print registration. The compressible foam will withstand long and high speed print runs.
This cushion tape is manufactured for 20 mil applications. It is constructed with engineered acrylic adhesives. The adhesive on the linered (plate) side of the tape is designed for mounting of photopolymer plates. The adhesive on the non-linered (sleeve/cylinder) side is designed for mounting to flexographic printing cylinders or sleeves, providing easy application at mounting and clean removal when demounting.On Easy with Reduced Air Entrapment
3M air release liners have a crosshatched pattern, unlike other mounting tapes that use a pebbled or flat release liner. The embossed crosshatched pattern imprints unique micro-channels into the easy mount adhesive that allows entrapped air to escape. Air bubbles disappear from between the tape and plate, and between the tape and sleeve or cylinder for virtually bubble-free mounting. Setup is faster with smoother surfaces for cleaner print quality and higher productivity. The adhesive maintains tight contact with reduced edge lifting.Keep the Presses Running and Customers Coming Back
For decades, 3M products have been at work in printing plants helping to improve the quality of the work that goes out and the efficiency of how it gets done.