3M™ Cushion-Mount™ Plus Plate Mounting Tape E1820-20H with easy mount adhesive is designed for mounting flexographic print plates to cylinders or sleeves. This blue foam mounting tape provides high quality firm combination print.
- 0.020 inch (0.51 mm) double coated foam tape has the air release feature with a plate side adhesive technology designed to resist edge lifting on flexographic print plates
- Manufactured to a target thickness of 0.020 inches
- Has a firm density foam that is ideal for printing combinations of solids and process with halftone dots
- Blue foam color indicates the firm density foam
- Securely bonds the flexographic photopolymer plate to the print sleeve or steel cylinder to prevent plate edge lifting during printing
- Has higher plate side adhesion for challenging print conditions that use thick plates or small print sleeves
- Print plates mounted on E1820-20H will have no air bubbles under the plate due to the air release feature designed into the tape
- Grooves in the adhesive are created by a cross-hatch pattern from the release liner
- Plate demounts from the double coated cushioned tape without adhesive residue
- Tape also removes cleanly from the sleeve or steel print cylinder
- Flexographic printing, flexographic printers
|Width||54 in||1371.6 mm|
|Length||25 yd||22.86 m|
What is the size of 3M™ Cushion-Mount™ Plus Plate Mounting Tape E1820-20H, Blue?
The size of this tape is 54 in x 25 yd.
Is this tape reusable or disposable?
This cushion-mount plus plate mounting tape is a one-time use only and should be disposed once used.
What thickness does the blue color code represent?
The blue color code represents a thickness of 20 mil.
How many rolls are included in each case?
Each case contains one roll of the cushion-mount plus plate mounting tape.
. Is there any specific way to store this product if it’s not going to be used immediately?
. Yes, Store at room temperature (60°–80°F [16°–27°C]) in original packaging to avoid exposure to dust and dirt. Do not stack pallets on their side; keep horizontal during storage.
3M™ Cushion-Mount™ Plus Plate Mounting Tape E1820-20H is a blue foam tape that provides high quality combination print. This is the firm tape for combination print. It has the air release feature that allows for bubble free mounting. This tape has excellent resistance to lifting on press allowing for clean plate removal. This tape is manufactured to a target thickness of 0.020 inches.Recommended Applications
- Mounting photopolymer plates to flexographic printing cylinders and sleeves
- Used in combination, process and solid printing processes
- 3M sticky back tapes are designed for wide-web presses to print film or paper for flexible packaging industry
3M flexographic plate mounting tapes are highly engineered to provide very tight caliper tolerance to allow printers to use tape from different manufacturing lots and keep tight print registration. The compressible foam will withstand long and high speed print runs.
This cushion tape is manufactured for 20 mil applications. It is constructed with engineered acrylic adhesives. The adhesive on the linered (plate) side of the tape is designed for mounting of photopolymer plates. The adhesive on the non-linered (sleeve/cylinder) side is designed for mounting to flexographic printing cylinders or sleeves, providing easy application at mounting and clean removal when demounting.On Easy with Reduced Air Entrapment
3M air release liners have a crosshatched pattern, unlike other mounting tapes that use a pebbled or flat release liner. The embossed crosshatched pattern imprints unique micro-channels into the easy mount adhesive that allows entrapped air to escape. Air bubbles disappear from between the tape and plate, and between the tape and sleeve or cylinder for virtually bubble-free mounting. Setup is faster with smoother surfaces for cleaner print quality and higher productivity. The adhesive maintains tight contact with reduced edge lifting.Keep the Presses Running and your Customers Coming Back
For decades, 3M products have been at work in printing plants helping to improve the quality of the work that goes out and the efficiency of how it gets done.