Designed to be more accurate, faster and more integrated than most locators on the market, the 3M™ Dynatel™ Locators 2550/2573 Series represent an advancement in locating and fault finding technology for the field professional. Offering a broad feature set with advanced digital processing, the 2550/2573 Series locators combine simple interfaces with precision locating capabilities.
- Six active trace frequencies which can be used individually or simultaneously to providing a solution for virtually all challenging applications encountered in the field. The receiver incorporates passive power and auxiliary frequencies that do not require the use of the transmitter.
- Trace view mapping interface that provides an intuitive mapping display showing the utility path combined with a precision peak antenna based antenna array to provide the utmost confidence in utility location.
- Five modes of operation - trace view, directional peak, directional null, special peak and induction peak - for accurate locates, even in congested areas.
- Directional mode utilizes all-peak antenna design for improved left/right guidance and accurate locates in challenging conditions.
- Compatibility with select GPS/GIS field mapping instruments for real time mapping of electronic markers or pipe and cable facilities
What is 3M™ Dynatel™ Pipe/Cable/EMS Locator 2550-ID/CNTR-U3?
3M™ Dynatel™ Pipe/Cable/EMS Locator 2550-ID/CNTR-U3 is a locator device that can help locate underground pipes, cables and other utilities.
How does the device work?
The 2550-ID/CNTR-U3 uses advanced electromagnetic technology to detect signals from buried utilities. It enables quick and easy identification of not only the location and type of utility lines but also finding pipes as they relate to power or communication networks.
Is it user-friendly?
Absolutely! This locator has an intuitive interface which makes operation simple even for inexperienced users. Its lightweight design helps workers navigate tough terrain without fatigue, having long lasting batteries ensures performance over long periods of time, making job completion quicker and more efficient.
- Six active frequencies for direct connect
- Trace view mapping display mode
- Four induction frequencies with maximum allowed output power
- All frequency mode in direct connect (four simultaneously)
- EMS iD capability on select models