The 3M™ Hookit™ Low Profile Finishing Disc Pad is a soft density backup pad in 5 or 6-inch diameters for 5- and 6-inch abrasive discs. The soft density foam provides additional conformability and is ideal for final surface finishing applications following leveling and blending process steps.
- Soft density pad provides flexibility to reduce loading
- 15 degree tapered edge is ideal for final finishing on flat or contoured surfaces
- 3M™ Hookit™ attachment provides excellent backing support and easy reuse, optimizing disc life
- 5/16-24 external threads are compatible with orbital or random orbital sanders
- One piece threaded shank for reduced vibration and improved balance
|Diameter||5 in||127 mm|
|Thickness||0.68 in||17.27 mm|
|Thread Size||5/16-24 EXT|
What is the 3M Hookit D/F Low Profile Finishing Disc Pad used for?
The 3M™ Hookit™ D/F Low Profile Finishing Disc Pad 77856 is specifically designed to be used with sanding discs for fine finishes on flat surfaces.
How big is the disc pad?
The disc pad measures about 5 inches in diameter and is about 11/16 of an inch thick.
What kind of attachment method does it have?
This finishing disc pad uses a Hookit system which allows easy removal and replacement of the sanding discs, without causing any damage or leaving residue behind.
Can I use this disc pad on my random orbital sander?
Yes, it can be attached to most random orbit tools because its external thread has a measurement of 5/16-24.
.: How many pads come in each case?
.: The product comes in cases containing ten individual pads that are ideal for professional woodworkers who need plenty of stock options available when working on advanced projects.
Whether you're using a random orbital or rotary sander, buffer, grinder, drill, finishing sander or other power tool, 3M™ Hookit™ products allow you to focus more on the task and less on tooling. Hookit™ abrasive products with hook-and-loop backing are manufactured with loop material that mates to a backup pad, each sold separately, where tiny hooks firmly engage the loops. Attachment is quick, easy, and secure during use. Sanding, finishing, and surface conditioning products with the 3M™ Hookit™ attachment and removal system give you an efficient way to work through multi-step finishing processes and can be used again and again for the life of the abrasive.Tips for Optimal Use
- This disc pad has 5/16-24 external thread compatible with common orbital and random orbital sander.
- Max OPM and RPM is 12,000.
- Use this disc pad with grade 220 and finer abrasive discs for finishing flat or contoured surfaces.
Brochures, Catalogs & Data Sheets
- Pdf Flyers_3m random orbital sande