The 3M™ Cubitron™ II Cut and Grind Wheel features 3M Precision Shaped Ceramic Grain to bring you an exceptionally fast-cutting and long-lasting wheel for use on both stainless steel and mild steel. These versatile wheels are designed to be used both as a grinding wheel and as a cut-off wheel – making them ideal for cutting, grinding, gouging and more.
- 3M™ Cubitron™ II Cut and Grind wheels are engineered with precision-shaped grain to cut faster than competitive ceramic products
- Triangular shaped ceramic grain wears evenly, runs cool, and optimizes mineral breakdown, for extra-long life
- Rigid, reinforced resin-bonded wheel is designed to be used both as a grinding wheel and as a cut-off wheel on both stainless and mild steel substrates
- Also available with 3M™ Quick Change attachment for improved productivity and throughput
|Diameter||5 in||127 mm|
|Thickness||1/8 in||3.175 mm|
|Maximum Speed||80 mps|
What are the dimensions of the 3M™ Cubitron™ II Cut and Grind Wheel, 28763?
The dimensions of this wheel are 5 in x 1/8 in x 5/8 in-11.
How many wheels come in each case?
There are a total of 20 wheels per case, with 10 wheels packed inside each inner container.
Can you tell me more about the Type 27 Quick Change feature mentioned on this wheel?
Sure! The Type 27 designation means that this is a flat grinding surface. The Quick Change feature allows for fast and easy tool attachment.
Is this wheel suitable for use on all types of metal?
Yes, it's designed to be used on various metals such as carbon steel, stainless steel, aluminum, etc.
How long does the abrasive material last under regular use conditions?
. The Cubitron II grain used in these cut-off discs lasts longer than those made from aluminium oxide or zirconia alumina abrasives. It has excellent durability which helps reduce downtime caused by having to switch out brands too frequently due to increased product life cycle.
Our 3M™ Cubitron™ II Cut and Grind Wheel is a versatile abrasive disc that can handle multiple tasks without the need for swapping out disks. Unlike other abrasive discs that are designed for just one job, our wheel has a flat, reinforced inner surface that can shape or sand objects, while the thin outer edge can be used to make perpendicular cuts and gouges. This inclusive design eliminates the need for multiple abrasive tools and can help to maximize production.Precision Shaped Grain
3M engineers used proprietary technology to create Precision Shaped Grain by forming triangular structures from 3M™ Ceramic Abrasive Grain. These peaks slice cleanly through metal like a knife through butter, rather than gouging or plowing as traditional abrasives do. The points continuously self-sharpen as they fracture, generating a super-fast cut and reducing heat build-up due to friction. This, in turn, lessens heat-related stress cracks and discoloration.Operating Requirements
- The wheel must have a maximum operating speed greater than or equal to the maximum speed of the power tool used.
- The wheel must be used with a wheel guard that fits the size of the cut-off wheel.