3M™ Orbital Sanders - Original Series are designed to maximize finishing performance on flat surfaces. Its 3 x 4- inch work face easily gets into corners and angles to deliver an exceptionally smooth, flat, professional surface on metal, wood, composites and advanced materials. Air-powered 3M™ Orbital Sanders - Original Series are available in three vacuum styles, with accessories.
- Ideal for flat surface finishing and sealer sanding
- Compact, lightweight with a grip-from- the-top design for less fatigue
- Precision-balanced and designed for smooth operation
- Pneumatic power provides hours of continuous use, far exceeding standard electric sanders (air hose and air compressor sold separately)
- Three models – non vacuum, central vacuum-ready and self-generated vacuum
What are the features of 3M™ Central Vacuum Orbital Sander, 20430, 3 in x 4 in, 1/8 in Orbit?
The 3M™ Central Vacuum Orbital Sander, part number 20430 is a professional-grade sander designed for performance and efficiency. It has a powerful motor that delivers up to a maximum of ten thousand orbits per minute (OPM) with an orbit diameter of one-eighth inches. The tool is equipped with central vacuum technology that effectively captures dust particles during sanding for cleaner work environment and better finish quality. Moreover, this sander offers excellent control over the surface being worked on.
Is it easy-to-use?
Yes! The lightweight design makes it easy to use single-handedly; its ergonomic body provides a comfortable grip while minimizing chances of fatigue when working long hours. Moreover, its low vibration levels keep you from experiencing discomfort even after prolonged use.
Does this product come with any warranty or guarantee?
Absolutely! All our products including- From automotive repair solutions to home improvement equipment; they’re covered by many warranty options to choose from depending on your needs. Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns about warranty coverage before purchasing this product.
3M's 3 x 4-inch 3M™ Orbital Sanders - Original Series feature a .24 (179) horsepower motor with a 1/8 inch (3.0 mm) diameter circular sanding action ideal for flat surface finishing and sealer sanding. These pneumatic — air-powered — sanders run on power generated by an air compressor for hours of continuous use.
Make fast work of sanding and surface preparation on wood, metal, fiberglass and composite materials. This sander delivers a scratch-, gouge- and swirl-free finish ready for paint or varnish.
Lightweight, compact, ergonomically designed for operator comfort, it’s robust enough to use hour after hour in an industrial environment.Three Vacuum Styles
Three vacuum styles mean one is right for your application.
- Popular and powerful non-vacuum sander comes with a 3M™ Hookit™ Pad included. Non-vacuum models are used in applications where dust extraction is not a concern.
- A central vacuum-ready sander, with a 3M™ Hookit™ Clean Sanding Pad, easily attaches to an existing central vacuum to evacuate dust.
- 3M's self-generating vacuum sander is designed to work with the 3M™ Clean Sanding System.™ It comes with a HEPA-rated Clean Sanding Filter Bag and Clean Sanding Hookit™ Pad.
The 3M™ Clean Sanding System™ helps you control this fugitive dust and thus:
- Attain a better finish when the abrasive is kept clean
- Reduce cleanup costs
- Extend abrasive material life
- Reduce buffing and rework
- Maximize your profits
- Breathe cleaner air
3M™ Hookit™ back-up pads are perfectly mated for use with hook-and-loop style 3M™ Hookit™ sheets. They’re ideal for work spaces where adhesive backed discs may become contaminated by dust, dirt, or flying debris. The 3M™ Hookit™ attachment system allows you to easily attach, detach and reattach the abrasive, thus utilizing the entire life of the sheet, resulting in less shop waste.3M Science. Applied to Designing the Tools You Use
When you need a finishing tool, you might not think about the innovative equipment technology required to help you do the job more efficiently. 3M does. That’s why they engineered a better line of air-powered finishing tools. Tools designed to work hand-in-hand with the 3M™ Abrasives and Accessories you’ve always trusted.