Standard Abrasives™ Buff and Blend Power Pad is pre-cut to a convenient size and has added stiffness for use by hand or with tools. Use it for deburring, polishing, cleaning, and surface preparation on metal, composite or plastic surfaces. It can be a good alternative to steel wool, files, scrapers, wire brushes and sandpaper sheets.
- 6 x 9˝ size is more manageable than a hefty roll
- More durable than regular hand pads
- Pad can be easily sized for power tools such as Jitterbug, orbital and straight line sanders
- Reinforced fibers add stiffness and durability for machine use, compared to hand pads
- Flexible web construction conforms to contours
- Non-woven 3D web structure provides long life and consistent finishes
- Spaces in the web material help prevent loading for extra-long life
- Waterproof nylon material can be used with lubricants or solvents
- Non-rusting alternative to steel wool or wire brushes
|Width||6 in||152.4 mm|
|Length||9 in||228.6 mm|
What is the size of 3M's Standard Abrasives™ Buff and Blend GP Power Pad, 827605?
The size of our Standard Abrasives™ Buff and Blend GP Power Pad is 6 in x 9 in.
Can you tell me what VFN stands for?
VFN stands for very fine grade. It's a specific abrasive grade used to achieve a smooth finish on various surfaces.
How many power pads come in one case of this product?
There are fifty (50) power pads included per case of the Standard Abrasives™ Buff and Blend GP Power Pad, 827605.
Can I use this product on aluminum sheet metal as well as other materials?
Yes! Our buffing pad can be used effectively on various metals including aluminum sheet metal.
The Standard Abrasives™ Buff and Blend Power Pad is a versatile tool that can be used on solid surfaces, painted panels, and other materials. Whether used by hand or with a power tool, these pre-cut pads are suitable for a variety of applications, including general maintenance tasks, edge deburring on aluminum extrusions, radiusing edges on precision machined or contoured parts, and more.
This pad features a non-woven 3D web of fibers that conforms to irregular surfaces for a clean, consistent finish without cutting into the base material. The open web is load and heat resistant, and the pad can be washed for re-use. An alternative to steel wool, it provides consistent results without rusting or leaving steel splinters behind.Choosing the Right Buff & Blend Material
Power Pads are made with two mineral options to suit different application requirements: very fine grade aluminum oxide and very fine grade silicon carbide. Aluminum oxide offers a more aggressive cut and longer use, while silicon carbide typically provides a finer finish.
Each of the Standard Abrasives Buff & Blend materials offers unique benefits. Standard Abrasives™ Power Pads are offered with GP, HP and HS material.
- GP Material: A general purpose material that delivers a high cut rate and consistent finish. It's great for general-duty applications such as intermediate cleaning, blending, deburring and finishing - striking a balance between aggressive cutting action and fine finishing.
- HP Material: Ideal for deburring and heavy edge work. Its durable construction gives it an aggressive cut and makes it suitable for edge deburring on aluminum extrusions, deburring aluminum die cast flashing, removing heavy surface oxidation, and the like.
- HS Material: A high strength material with increased tear-resistance, making it a good match for light deburring and final finishing on irregularly-shaped parts. It is an excellent choice for high luster and decorative finishes, and tasks such as final finishing on non-ferrous die cast molded parts, finishing on all metals and plated plastics, and polishing pipe threads and edges of molded glass containers.
Standard Abrasives™ Buff and Blend material is load-resistant to keep you cutting with fresh mineral. The gaps in the open web allow unwanted swarf to escape, reducing debris clogging and ensuring the mineral stays fresh and sharp. As the fibers break down and fresh mineral is exposed, it reduces the likelihood of dull or blunt mineral smearing the surface, contributing to cleaner surfaces and less re-work. Furthermore, manual fatigue that may result from applying heavy pressure to a dull abrasive is reduced.The Many Benefits of Standard Abrasives™ Buff and Blend Products
Standard Abrasives™ Buff and Blend products invigorate deburring, cleaning, blending and finishing applications by helping operators reduce finishing steps, minimize costs and achieve greater throughput. Each Buff and Blend product and grade offers unique benefits, so operators can choose from a versatile range of options to ensure optimal performance on specific applications.