3M™ Marine High Strength Repair Filler restores damaged areas of fiberglass hulls, decks and other areas on boats. This filler is a high performance product that is reinforced with short strands of fiberglass for added strength. Boat restoration professionals commonly use this product.
- Filler restores damaged fiberglass hulls and decks on boats
- Short strands of fiberglass reinforce strength of filler
- Paste consistency allows application of vertical surfaces
- Non-staining and non-shrinking formula
- 3M™ Cream Hardener included
What is 3M™ Marine High Strength Repair Filler used for?
3M™ Marine High Strength Repair Filler, 46014 is a two-part filler designed to repair holes, gouges and other surface damage in fiberglass, wood or metal. It can also be used as a fairing material prior to painting.
Can this product be applied underwater?
No, the surface needs to be dry and free of oil and grease before applying. Once mixed together it has an open time of approximately five minutes at seventy-five degrees Fahrenheit.
How many cans come in one case of 3M™ Marine High Strength Repair Filler?
One case contains four gallons of the product.
3M™ Marine High Strength Repair Filler is a specially designed product for boats and recreational vehicles that do not require structural repairs. Its modified vinyl ester formula makes it resistant to wind and weather. This non-staining and non-shrinking filler is perfect for repairing minor blisters, gouges, small holes, dings, rust-outs, and other simple surface defects in fiberglass, wood, aluminum, and steel.
The filler is reinforced with short strands of fiberglass that interlock as the filler cures, adding strength and stability to the repair. Its thick paste allows for clean application to vertical or overhead surfaces without drips or runs. You can also use it to level low spots.
The two-part filler cures fast with the included 3M™ Marine Cream Hardener. It becomes sandable in 30 minutes and sands to a smooth finish. It also readily accepts gelcoat and paint, so you can get back out on the water or the road.
3M™ Marine High Strength Repair Filler also creates a reinforced surface for applying 3M™ Marine Premium Filler.
- Designed for boats and recreational vehicles
- Resistant to wind and weather
- Non-staining and non-shrinking
- Reinforced with short strands of fiberglass
- Thick paste for clean application
- Cures fast with included 3M™ Marine Cream Hardener
- Accepts gelcoat and paint
- Creates a reinforced surface for applying 3M™ Marine Premium Filler