3M™ Adhesion Promoter 4298UV is a versatile liquid primer used for enhancing the adhesion of 3M™ Acrylic Foam Tapes to LSE substrates common for interior and exterior automotive trim and parts. Fast-drying adhesion promoter works with most LSE plastics including TPO, PP and TPU as well as ABS, EPDM and others. A fluorescent dye has been added so technicians can easily verify coverage.
- Helps ensure robust attachment tape bond to automotive parts
- Fluorescent dye makes it easy to verify coverage
- Dries in as little as 30 seconds
- Suitable for use on TPO, TPU, PP and other LSE automotive substrates
- Formulated for use with 3M™ Acrylic Foam Tapes and 3M™ Acrylic Plus Tapes
Brochures, Catalogs & Data Sheets
- Pdf Product Selection Guides_3mtm
- Data Sheet
A Versatile and Easy to Use Adhesion Promoter
Formulated specifically for use with 3M™ Acrylic Foam Tapes, 3M™ Adhesion Promoter 4298UV improves the adhesion of the tape to a wide range of low surface energy plastics and other materials commonly used for interior and exterior automotive trim and parts. It works well with TPO, TPU and PP as well as nylon, glass (hidden and visible bond), ABS, Acrylic, EPDM, TPO, TPV/TPE and PC among others. The adhesion promoter can be applied by a gravity feed wipe, knurled roller, sprayer or felt-tipped or similar applicator. It contains a fluorescent dye that makes it easily visible once applied, and helps technicians to quickly verify that coverage is complete and consistent for a reliable bond. The liquid primer dries in 30 to 90 seconds for fast and efficient application. Once the product is dry, it is ready to accept attachment tape. The adhesion promoter can also be cleaned from most surfaces using acetone solvent.
The 3M™ Adhesion Promoter 4298UV is specifically formulated to be used with 3M™ Acrylic Foam Tapes and 3M™ Acrylic Plus Tapes for automotive applications.
- Low surface energy plastic trim and parts
- Automotive dash and interior trim
- Injection-molded side body side moldings
- Automotive claddings
- For use with 3M™ Acrylic Foam Tapes and 3M™ Acrylic Plus Tapes
Better Science for Better Adhesion from 3M
Since 1925 when a 3M lab assistant invented masking tape, 3M has been applying science to life – developing adhesive products and technologies that help entire industries and individual businesses worldwide. The work that began with a single 3M engineer now spans decades and generations – and all of it goes into each 3M product developed for automotive OEMs, like 3M™ Adhesion Promoter 4298UV.