Prevent damage from ozone, acids and alkalis with the 3M Cold Shrink Connector Insulator 8420 series. Its open-ended, tube-shaped design and 1 kV rating let the sleeve act as both a moisture barrier and insulator in primary electrical applications. The strong, EPDM rubber material allows the insulator to stand up to extreme temperatures of -40 to 194 degrees F (-40 to 90 degrees C).
- Specially designed for primary insulation of solid dielectric insulated wires and cable splicing rated to 1000 volts
- Simple installation which requires no tools
- Sealing of terminal lug barrels, conduit couplings and conduit-to-cable breakouts
- Made of black EPDM rubber
- Made of EPDM rubber which contains no chlorides or sulfur
- Withstands temperatures of -40 to 194 degrees F (-40 to 90 degrees C)
- Environmental sealing for communication and other non-electrical applications
|Length||12 in||304.8 mm|
Brochures, Catalogs & Data Sheets
- Pdf Catalogs_3m splices 2013 elect
- Data Sheet
For industrial/occupational use only. Not for consumer sale or use.3M industrial and occupational products are intended, labeled, and packaged for sale to trained industrial and occupational customers for workplace use. Unless specifically stated otherwise on the applicable product packaging or literature, these products are not intended, labeled, or packaged for sale to or use by consumers (e.g., for home, personal, primary or secondary school, recreational/sporting, or other uses not described in the applicable product packaging or literature), and must be selected and used in compliance with applicable health and safety regulations and standards (e.g., U.S. OSHA, ANSI), as well as all product literature, user instructions, warnings, and other limitations, and the user must take any action required under any recall, field action, or other product use notice. Misuse of 3M industrial and occupational products may result in injury, sickness, death, or property damage. For help with product selection and use, consult your on-site safety professional, industrial hygienist, or other subject matter expert.
The 3M Cold Shrink Connector Insulator 8420 provides you with long-lasting strength and force as well as a moisture-tight seal. Use it for all your solid dielectric insulated wire and cable splice jobs. It offers great protection for high-voltage, air-insulated connectors or lugs and allows you to easily insulate secondary splices and direct buried or submersible, dig-in repairs. This product is ANSI Certified and RoHS 2011/65/EU Compliant. Add to cart