3M™ Hookit™ Disc Hand Pads provide improved operator comfort and increased surface uniformity when hand sanding. These foam backup pads utilize a Hookit™ attachment style and come in two forms, either with a contoured dome-shaped hand hold area, or a flat back with an elastic hand band that allows the operator to sand without "gripping" the pad.
- Two "grip" styles make sanding by hand more comfortable
- Hand band allows some tactile sense of work surface
- Foam backing conforms to surface
- Better results due to even pressure distribution between the abrasive and work surface
- Use with Hookit™ discs for easy attachment and change-outs
- Available in soft, medium, and firm densities to accommodate a wide variety of hand sanding applications
|Width||8.4 in||21.34 cm|
|Length||12.4 in||31.5 cm|
|Diameter||3 in||76.2 mm|
What is the 3M™ Hookit™ Disc Hand Pad 01908?
The 3M™ Hookit™ Disc Hand Pad 01908 is a three-inch disc pad designed to be used with hook and loop abrasives.
How many hand pads are in each case of the 3M™ Hookit™ Disc Hand Pad 01908?
Each case of the 3M™ Hookit™ Disc Hand Pad comes with ten hand pads.
Can I use this hand pad for wet sanding or polishing?
Yes, you can use this hand pad for both wet sanding and polishing applications.
. Is it easy to replace abrasive discs on this disc hand pad?
. Yes, it's very easy! Thanks to its hook-and-loop backing system, attaching and removing abrasive discs is incredibly simple!
. What kind of surfaces can I work on using these hand pads?
. You can effectively work on various surfaces including painted metals, bare metal, plastics and composite materials using these versatile disc-handpads!
The 3M™ Hookit™ Disc Hand Pad offers a solution to the challenge of sanding by hand. Its bright yellow dome-shaped grip and alternative elastic hand-band style make sanding less fatiguing, protect the operator's hand, and preserve some tactile sense of the surface.
The soft and medium density foam construction of the hand pad conforms easily to surfaces while distributing the pressure of fingers that otherwise promote uneven finishes and leave finger marks. The contoured shape is comfortable in the hand and requires less gripping force. For hand sanding flat surfaces, the firm density foam construction is appropriate.
The 3M™ Hookit™ attachment system makes swapping Hookit™ Discs a breeze between applications.Recommended Applications
- The 3M™ Hookit™ Disc Hand Pad is an excellent tool for paint preparation when hand sanding.
- Use with A- or C-weight Hookit™ Discs is recommended.
Brochures, Catalogs & Data Sheets
- Pdf Catalogs_3m power tools and ac