Designed to perform in demanding work conditions, 3M™ Polyester Tape 8905 is a thick and durable solution for high temperature masking operations such as powder coating. Coated with a silicone adhesive, this tape is designed to bond to a variety of difficult surfaces. It is chemical resistant and performs under a wide range of temperatures and environments.
- Works in demanding conditions and high temperatures ranging from -60ºF (-50ºC) to 400ºF (204ºC)
- Clean removal during high-temperature masking operations such as powder coating
- Polyester film offers excellent thermal and chemical resistance
- Thickest version of our 3M™ Polyester Tape 8900 series, providing more durability and longer wear
- Silicone adhesive provides clean removal from a variety of surfaces
- Translucent blue backing provides easy identification and positioning
- Commonly used as a protective tape during shipping and handling operations
|Width||48 in||1219.2 mm|
|Length||72 yd||65.83 m|
What is the primary use of 3M™ Polyester Tape 8905?
The primary use of 3M™ Polyester Tape 8905, Blue, 48 in x 72 yd, 6.4 mil, is for masking and splicing applications.
How wide is each roll of tape?
Each roll of tape comes with a width of 48 inches.
Is it possible to buy just one roll or are they sold only in bulk?
No worries! This product comes with one roll per case so you can buy just one if that's all you need.
3M's thickest 8900 series tape, 3M™ Polyester Tape 8905 is a highly durable polyester tape that is perfect for masking in high temperature applications. The backing is tear-resistant and translucent blue, making it easy to position. This tape is coated with a silicone adhesive, which makes it ideal for masking for powder coating to provide sharp paint lines. It removes cleanly and in one piece from most surfaces, avoiding slivering and breaking.
This tape works effectively in chemical processes and demanding work conditions, such as anodization, due to its good chemical resistance. The pressure-sensitive silicone adhesive performs well under a broad range of temperatures ranging from -60°F (-50°C) to 400°F (204°C).Recommended Applications
- Masking parts for high-temperature powder coat painting
- Masking metal surfaces in acid or caustic chemical milling baths
- Flash breaker in metal bonding processes where there's excessive build-up where the epoxy (flash) flows on the tape
- Protective tape reduces scratches during handling and shipping
- Provides a good barrier for the separation of dissimilar metals
Brochures, Catalogs & Data Sheets
- Pdf Flyers_3m tapes for metal proc