Scotch-Brite™ EXL Unitized Wheels feature a soft, conformable consistency that effectively smooths, deburrs and finishes the edges of metal alloys, as well as many plastics and composites. There are a variety of densities and grades starting from a very soft 2 density for applications requiring conformability to a hard, aggressive 8 density for maximum cut and durability.
- Wheel edge can be dressed for effective deburring, finishing and polishing of all metal alloys and many plastics and composites
- Tough, layered, unitized construction can operate clockwise or counterclockwise directions
- Conformability allows abrasive to stay in contact with complex-shaped parts in robotic processing
- Densities and grades ranging from soft and conformable to hard and aggressive offer utility for a wide variety of applications
- Resists smearing for cleaner surfaces and less preparation
- Minimizes heat build-up to lessen impact on heat-sensitive materials
|Diameter||3 in||76.2 mm|
|Maximum Speed||12,100 rpm|
What is the size of Scotch-Brite™ EXL Unitized Wheel, XL-UW, 2A Medium, 3 in x 1/2 in x 1/4 in?
The wheel has a diameter of three inches (3") and a thickness of half an inch (1/2"). It also has a quarter-inch (1/4") center hole.
How many wheels come in each case?
There are twenty (20) unitized wheels that come with each purchase.
What kind of applications can I use this product for?
This product works well for various finishing tasks including deburring, cleaning, blending and polishing on metals as well as non-metallic surfaces such as plastic or composite.
Is this product easy to install?
Yes, it's very simple! All you have to do is mount the wheel on your tool using its center through-hole attachment design.
Can I use this product for both wet and dry processes?
Yes absolutely! You can use it with either water or oil-based lubricants; however,it's important to avoid mixing dry and wet process between similar type products' manufacturing facilities.
Consistent Performance on a Variety of Substrates
The Scotch-Brite™ EXL Unitized Wheel is designed to provide a clean edge without smearing, which reduces the need for additional clean up and preparation. It is optimized for use on a die grinder, minimizing heat buildup during operation, making it ideal for use on heat-sensitive materials. This wheel is filled with abrasive minerals that quickly smooth edges of metal, plastic, and composites. It is available in fine, medium, coarse, and extra coarse grades with aluminum oxide, and very fine and fine grades with silicon carbide.
Ideal for Robotic Deburring
Scotch-Brite™ EXL Unitized Wheel is a great option for robotic deburring due to its wide range of conformability options and high consistency. It quickly removes burrs and sharp edges in end-of-arm tooling operations, delivering consistent performance through the full life of the abrasive. Scotch-Brite™ offers unique surface conditioning products with abrasives incorporated into nonwoven nylon fibers. Combining abrasives with the fibers creates an abrasive system that delivers consistent results over the life of the product. The open-web material is load resistant and keeps the abrasive minerals cutting at high performance by limiting clogging of the nylon fibers.
- Consistent performance on a variety of substrates
- Clean edge without smearing
- Reduces the need for additional clean up and preparation
- Minimizes heat buildup during operation
- Ideal for use on heat-sensitive materials
- Quickly smooth edges of metal, plastic, and composites
- Available in fine, medium, coarse, and extra coarse grades with aluminum oxide
- Available in very fine and fine grades with silicon carbide
- Great option for robotic deburring
- Wide range of conformability options and high consistency
- Quickly removes burrs and sharp edges in end-of-arm tooling operations
- Delivers consistent performance through the full life of the abrasive
- Unique surface conditioning products with abrasives incorporated into nonwoven nylon fibers
- Combining abrasives with the fibers creates an abrasive system that delivers consistent results over the life of the product
- Open-web material is load resistant and keeps the abrasive minerals cutting at high performance by limiting clogging of the nylon fibers