Scotch-Brite™ Cut and Polish Flap Brushes are a versatile, high-performance alternative to conventional bristle brushes and messy, technique-dependent buffing compounds. These long-lasting, precision-made brushes give you improved consistency and greater control over a number of critical metal prep and finishing tasks, including cleaning, deburring, polishing, and aesthetic finishing.
- Aluminum Oxide mineral cuts fast and sharp for aggressive cleaning and bright finishing
- Available in very fine (VFN) and medium (MED) grades to help achieve desired finishes
- Great for cleaning, deburring, polishing and finishing
- Open web is load resistant, helping to limit buildup of debris so mineral cuts faster, longer
- Conformable nylon fibers respond to surface irregularities without gouging the surface, helping maintain original part geometry
|Width||1 in||25.4 mm|
|Diameter||8 in||203.2 mm|
|Center Hole Diameter||3 in||76.2 mm|
|Maximum Speed||4,000 rpm|
What is the size of the Scotch-Brite™ Cut and Polish Flap Brush?
The size of this brush is 8 inches x 1 inch x 3 inches.
How many brushes come in a case?
There are three brushes included in each case.
What does VFN mean for this product?
The letters 'VFN' stand for "very fine grade".
Can I use the Scotch-Brite™ Cut and Polish Flap Brush on all types of metals?
Yes, you can. This brush works effectively on stainless steel, aluminum and other types of metals.
Scotch-Brite™ Cut and Polish Flap Brushes use proprietary 3M non-woven materials technology. The open web construction can help limit downtime and increase productivity by reducing loading and maintaining effective cutting action longer – resulting in less frequent replacement than conventional brushes.
Scotch-Brite™ industrial abrasives are unique due to their nonwoven technology. The combination of fiber strands, resin, and abrasive mineral forms a thick, open web. The spring-like nature of the fibers responds to contours and effectively removes unwanted burrs, soils, and contaminants while maintaining the geometry of the workpiece. This reduces rework and boosts productivity. Gaps in the web allow swarf to escape, so debris does not clog the mineral. Fibers in the web continually break down with use to reveal fresh mineral for exceptional consistency, superior cut performance, and extremely long service life.
Scotch-Brite™ products not only enhance productivity, but also increase operator safety by reducing the need for cleaning chemicals and pastes, and replacing wire brushes that can break off and cause injury. From aesthetic finishing to weld blending, deburring, and more, Scotch-Brite abrasives work fast and deliver consistent results, part after part.
- Proprietary 3M non-woven materials technology
- Open web construction reduces loading and maintains effective cutting action longer
- Nonwoven technology removes unwanted burrs, soils, and contaminants while maintaining the geometry of the workpiece
- Gaps in the web allow swarf to escape, so debris does not clog the mineral
- Fibers in the web continually break down with use to reveal fresh mineral for exceptional consistency, superior cut performance, and extremely long service life
- Scotch-Brite™ products increase operator safety by reducing the need for cleaning chemicals and pastes, and replacing wire brushes that can break off and cause injury
- Scotch-Brite abrasives work fast and deliver consistent results, part after part