Scotch-Brite™ EXL Deburring Wheel features a hard, dense consistency that quickly deburrs, finishes, and polishes all types of metals, composites, glass and leaves a smooth, clean surface. Its conformable characteristic makes the wheel ideal for deburring stamped or laser cut parts, or for finishing after belt sanding.
- Solid, dense, and conformable wheel produces a professional finish the first time, without undercutting, gouging, or distorting the workpiece
- Effective for all types of metals, composites, and glass, allowing one wheel to perform more tasks
- Conformability allows abrasive to stay in contact with complex-shaped parts in robotic processing
- Convolute construction keeps the wheel running smooth, producing a consistent, superior finish
- Unique resin system minimizes smearing, reducing time spent cleaning surfaces
- Minimizes heat build up to reduce risk of discoloration and warping on heat-sensitive substrates
|Diameter||10 in||254 mm|
|Maximum Speed||3,600 rpm|
What is the Scotch-Brite™ EXL Deburring Wheel?
The Scotch-Brite™ EXL Deburring Wheel is an abrasive wheel designed to remove burrs and other imperfections from metal, plastic and composite surfaces while maintaining part geometry.
What are the dimensions of this deburring wheel?
This particular deburring wheel has a diameter of 10 inches, a thickness of 23/32 inches, and a center hole with a diameter of 5 inches.
Can it be used on different materials besides metal?
Yes! It's suitable for use on many types of materials such as plastics and composites too.
How does this product differ from others in its category ?
Our unique construction allows for faster cutting without sacrificing finish quality or long life- resulting in improved productivity that can leave operators feeling more comfortable knowing they are using premium abrasives built to last.
: Is there any additional equipment needed ?
: These wheels have arbor holes (AH) so machinery set up may require flanges depending upon machine functions; however no specialized tools or special dressing necessary
The Scotch-Brite™ EXL Deburring Wheel is designed to create a clean surface without smearing, reducing the need for additional clean up and preparation. The wheel's convolute construction and clean, uniform wear keep it running smoothly and help the operator attain a professional finish while minimizing the pressure required on the workpiece. The nonwoven material of the Scotch-Brite™ runs cool and provides the EXL Deburring Wheel with uniform wear, keeping fresh abrasives continuously exposed. This makes it a superior choice on heat-sensitive substrates. Additionally, the toughness of the wheel extends its service life.Ideal for Robotic Deburring
Scotch-Brite™ industrial abrasives are a great option for robotic deburring due to their wide range of conformability options and high consistency. The Scotch-Brite™ EXL Deburring Wheel quickly removes burrs and sharp edges in end-of-arm tooling operations, delivering consistent performance through the full life of the abrasive.Available in Your Choice of Mineral
The Scotch-Brite™ EXL Deburring Wheel is available with either silicon carbide or aluminum oxide abrasive mineral. Silicon carbide is a synthetic mineral that is very sharp and commonly used for low-pressure applications such as paint prep and finishing. Aluminum oxide, on the other hand, is a hard, blocky mineral that provides high cut-rate and long life. While silicon carbide breaks down faster than aluminum oxide, it produces a finer finish.The Many Benefits of Open Web Abrasives
Scotch-Brite™ offers a unique surface conditioning product with abrasives incorporated into nonwoven nylon fibers. Combining abrasives with the fibers creates an abrasive system that delivers consistent results for the life of the product. The open-web material is load resistant and keeps the abrasive minerals cutting at high performance by limiting clogging of the nylon fibers.
- Creates a clean surface without smearing
- Reduces the need for additional clean up and preparation
- Convolute construction and clean, uniform wear keep the wheel running smoothly
- Scotch-Brite™ nonwoven material runs cool and provides the EXL Deburring Wheel with uniform wear
- Superior choice on heat-sensitive substrates
- Toughness of the wheel extends its service life
- Great option for robotic deburring
- Available with silicon carbide or aluminum oxide abrasive mineral
- Open-web material is load resistant and keeps the abrasive minerals cutting at high performance