3M™ Vinyl Tape 472 provides both abrasion resistance and conformability to help solve unique bonding, patching, sealing and sand blast applications that everyday vinyl tapes just can't handle. Coated with an aggressive rubber adhesive, this black vinyl tape is a heavy duty, abrasion resistant solution to a variety of difficult, long-term and outdoor applications.
- Thick backing provides heavy duty protection and increased abrasion resistance
- Aggressive rubber adhesive bonds to a variety of surfaces for long-term use, even in outdoor applications
- Conformable backing makes vinyl tape ideal for use on curved and irregular surfaces
- Unique stretch properties enable tape to remain stretched to conform to uneven surfaces without lifting and retracting
- Good solvent resistance for application protection and longer product life
|Width||3/4 in||19.05 mm|
|Length||36 yd||32.91 m|
What is 3M™ Vinyl Tape 472?
3M™ Vinyl Tape 472 is a high-quality, durable tape that provides good instant adhesion and excellent holding power. It can be used for both indoor and outdoor applications.
What are the dimensions of the tape?
The tape measures 3/4 in x 36 yd with a thickness of 10.4 mils (0.26 mm).
How many rolls come in a case?
There are 48 rolls per case, making it an ideal choice for bulk purchases or large-scale projects.
Is this product available in other colors besides black?
Yes, we offer this product in various colors to suit different needs. Please contact us for additional options or customization requests!
3M™ Vinyl Tape 472 has a thick backing that combines high abrasion resistance with the inherent conformability of a vinyl. This tape is designed with unique stretch properties that allow it to conform to irregular, curved, and convex surfaces while remaining stretched and without lifting after application. The rubber adhesive aggressively adheres to a variety of surfaces and maintains its bond for long periods of time, including up to one year in outdoor applications. This combination of the backing and adhesive properties help to keep the tape securely in place, even in rugged and outdoor conditions.
Because of the thicker backing, this tape is ideal for protection in areas where heavy abrasion is anticipated, as well as sand blast and bead blast overspray protection. 3M™ Vinyl Tape 472 tape resists most common solvents, but care should be taken to avoid using on highly plasticized materials, as well as ketones, chlorinated hydrocarbons, and esters.Recommended Applications
- Heavy duty protection and abrasion resistance
- Slicing and patching
- Outdoor sealing, protecting and marking
- Dissimilar metal separation
- Sealing barrier films and containers
- Sand blast and bead blast overspray protection
In the 3M Industrial Adhesives and Tapes Division, they apply the science of adhesion to deliver innovative solutions that improve the design and manufacturing processes of companies around the world. These technologies help customers like you deliver competitive products to the market faster and more efficiently.
Brochures, Catalogs & Data Sheets
- Pdf Brochures_3m converter markets