Comprised of a strong polyester backing and coated with an aggressive acrylic adhesive, 3M™ Polyester Film Tape 853 is a solvent resistant tape that is ideal for applications where exposure to chemicals is a concern. This tape meets demanding applications in a variety of industries.
- Thin, high-strength polyester backing resists tearing and protects surfaces from abrasion
- Transparent backing allows visibility of information protected by the tape
- Resistant to many solvents including jet engine fuel, hydraulic fluid and lubricating oils
- Temperature resistance enables tape to perform in high temperature operations
- Aggressive acrylic adhesive provides quick stick and excellent long-term holding
- Meets several U.S. government and aerospace specifications
- Meets flammability requirements of FAR 25.853(a) Appendix F Part I (a)(1)(ii)
|Width||0 2.0||0 50.8|
|Length||0 72.0||0 66.0|
What is 3M Polyester Film Tape 853 used for?
3M Polyester Film Tape 853 is a general-purpose polyester film tape ideal for splicing, holding, and labeling applications. It can be used in temperatures ranging from -60°F to 350°F (-50°C to +175°C), making it suitable for use in various environments.
How much tape does one roll of this product contain?
Each roll of this product contains 2 inches by 72 yards (or approximately 216 feet) of transparent polyester film tape that is only 2.2 mils thick.
Is there any discount available if I buy the product in bulk?
Yes! If you purchase our case option where you'll get up to twenty-four rolls at once, we offer bulk discounts which make each individual roll more budget-friendly than buying them separately.
3M™ Polyester Film Tape 853 is a transparent polyester film tape with solvent resistant acrylic adhesive. It is designed to withstand the rigors of processes where exposure to solvents is a concern. This includes many applications for which this tape is ideally suited because of it is thin but durable design. The backing has a low moisture vapor transmission rate, making it ideal for extended use. When used in critical label protection, this tape won't obscure vital information. The tape can withstand a wide temperature range from -60°F/-50°C to 300°F/150°C. 3M™ Polyester Film Tape 853 can be qualified to meet Federal Spec. L-T-100 Type 1. It also meets flammability requirements of FAR 25.853(a) Appendix F Part I (a)(1)(ii).
Critical label protection requiring resistance from jet engine fuel, hydraulic fluid and lubricating oils
Aerospace applications that require FAR flammability rating
Sealing critical area from moisture intrusion
Brochures, Catalogs & Data Sheets
- Pdf Catalogs_3m masking and surfac