Thin and conformable, 3M™ Polyester Tape 8911 excels in high temperature masking operations such as powder coat painting. Coated with a silicone adhesive, this tape bonds to a variety of difficult surfaces. It is chemical resistant and performs under a wide range of temperatures and environments.
- Works in demanding conditions and high temperatures ranging from -60ºF (-50ºC) to 400ºF (204ºC)
- Clean removal during high-temperature masking operations such as powder coating
- Polyester film offers excellent thermal and chemical resistance while maintaining flexibility
- Silicone adhesive provides clean removal from a variety of surfaces
- Transparent backing provides easy identification and positioning
- Clear version of our 3M™ Polyester Tape 8901
|Width||1 in||25.4 mm|
|Length||72 yd||65.83 m|
What is the thickness of 3M™ Polyester Tape 8911?
The tape has a thickness of 2.3 mil.
How long is one roll of 3M™ Polyester Tape 8911 and how many rolls are there in a case?
One roll of the tape measures at 1 inch x 72 yards, and there are a total of 36 rolls per case.
Is this transparent tape suitable for outdoor use?
Yes! In fact, our polyester tapes are often utilized outdoors as they have excellent UV resistance.
3M™ Polyester Tape 8911 is a thin, conformable polyester tape that is perfect for masking in high temperature applications. It adheres well to silicone coated surfaces and has a tear-resistant transparent backing. This tape is coated with a silicone adhesive, making it ideal for masking in powder coating to provide sharp paint lines. It removes cleanly and in one-piece from most surfaces, avoiding slivering and breaking. Additionally, this tape excels in permanent splicing operations on silicone liners, papers, and films that are subject to high temperatures. It is a transparent version of 3M™ Polyester Tape 8901.
With good chemical resistance and transparency, this tape is effective for label protection when subjected to a variety of chemicals and solvents. The pressure-sensitive silicone adhesive performs under a broad range of temperatures ranging from -60°F (-50°C) to 400°F (204°C).Recommended Applications
- Splicing of silicone liners, films, and papers
- Protective tape reduces scratches during handling and shipping
- Label protection
Brochures, Catalogs & Data Sheets
- Pdf Brochures_3m converter markets