Constructed with an extremely conformable backing, 3M™ Polyethylene Tape 480 is designed to be used in general repair, patching and splicing of polyethylene sheeting. This tape is coated with a non-yellowing, transparent, acrylic adhesive and features a clear polyethylene backing that helps make repairs less visible.
- Polyethylene backing provides good chemical and solvent resistance
- Non-yellowing transparent acrylic adhesive bonds to a variety of materials
- Extremely flexible backing enables tape to stretch and conform to textured and irregular surfaces
- Clear polyethylene backing makes repairs less visible
- Good abrasion resistance provides durability in repair and splicing applications
- Tape remains adhered and flexible to temperatures as low as -20°F
|Width||20 in||508 mm|
|Length||36 yd||32.91 m|
What is 3M™ Polyethylene Tape 480 used for?
3M™ Polyethylene Tape 480 is typically used in applications such as surface protection, bundling, carton sealing and other packaging tasks.
What are the dimensions of each roll included in this case pack?
Each roll of the tape measures at a length of 36 yards and has a width of 20 inches.
How thick is the tape?
The thickness (mil) of the tape is important. It's about 5.1 mils thick.
Is it easy to tear by hand or do I need scissors to cut it?
The adhesive properties hold strong but can rely on its ease-of-tear feature when an application calls for more precision than cutting with scissors provides.
3M™ Polyethylene Tape 480 stretches easily and is highly conformable for a tight seal over and around irregular surfaces. The smooth backing provides good solvent and alkali resistance. It meets MIL STD 2041D(SH) for leachable halogens, making it ideal for corrosion sensitive applications. The acrylic adhesive bonds to a variety of surfaces and can be used in many sealing, protecting, repair and patching applications. This resilient tape can be used in short-term outdoor applications at temperatures as low -20°F/-29°C and as high as 170°F/77°C.
Splicing and patching of polyethylene sheeting
Sealing on smooth and irregular surfaces
Short-term outdoor repair applications
Brochures, Catalogs & Data Sheets
- Pdf Data Sheets_polyethylene tape
- Data Sheet