3M™ Polyester Tape 8992 is a general purpose polyester tape that excels in high temperature masking operations such as powder coat painting. Coated with a silicone adhesive, this tape bonds to a variety of difficult surfaces. It is chemical resistant and performs under a wide range of temperatures and environments.
- Works in demanding conditions and high temperatures ranging from -60ºF (-50ºC) to 400ºF (204ºC)
- Clean removal during high-temperature masking operations such as powder coating
- Polyester film offers excellent thermal and chemical resistance while maintaining flexibility
- Thicker version of 3M™ Polyester Tape 8991
- Silicone adhesive provides clean removal from a variety of surfaces
- Translucent green backing provides easy identification and positioning
|Width||3/4 in||19.05 mm|
|Length||72 yd||65.83 m|
What is 3M™ Polyester Tape 8992?
The 3M™ Polyester Tape 8992 is a green, high-strength tape that provides excellent chemical resistance and performs in temperatures up to 400°F/204°C.
What are the dimensions of each roll of the tape?
Each roll of the tape measures at 3/4 inches wide by 72 yards long with a thickness of about three-thousandths (0.003) of an inch or also referred as "3.2 mil".
How many rolls come in a case?
A total of forty-eight rolls come per case.
What applications can this tape be used for?
This versatile polyester film-backed adhesive works well for splicing, powder-coating, holding heavy items and materials together during manufacturing assembly processes and various other general-purpose bonding tasks within industrial settings.
. Where can I buy this product?
. You may purchase this product from many authorized online distributors including our website at www.shop3m.com. You may contact us if you need help finding a distributor near you!
3M™ Polyester Tape 8992 is a general purpose polyester tape that is perfect for masking in high temperature applications. The tape has a translucent green backing that is tear-resistant. It is coated with a silicone adhesive that works well in masking for powder coating to provide sharp paint lines. The tape removes cleanly and in one-piece from most surfaces, avoiding slivering and breaking. This tape is a thicker version of 3M™ Polyester Tape 8991.
This tape has excellent chemical resistance and works effectively in chemical processes and demanding work conditions, such as anodizing. The pressure-sensitive silicone adhesive performs under a broad range of temperatures ranging from -60°F (-50°C) to 400°F (204°C).Recommended Applications
- Masking parts for high-temperature powder coat painting
- Holding parts or vacuum bags during composite bonding operations
- Masking metal surfaces in acid or caustic chemical milling baths
- Protective tape reduces scratches during handling and shipping
- Flash breaker in metal bonding processes where the excess epoxy (flash) flows on the tape
Brochures, Catalogs & Data Sheets
- Pdf Flyers_3m tapes for metal proc