3M™ Dual Lock™ Reclosable Fastener SJ3255 Die-Cut Piece Part is a 28mm diameter round, reclosable fastener with a rigid polypropylene backing and a counter sunk hole for screws or rivets. It has a stem density of 250 stems per square inch. The mushroom-shaped stems interlock to supply very high tensile strength and replace mechanical fasteners in many applications.
- Interlocking mushroom-shaped stems snap together to form a strong, fast and easy attachment
- Die-cut base incorporates counter-sunk hole for attachment using screws or rivets
- Secures with an audible snap for closure verification
- Resistant to high temperature and solvents, ideal for automotive applications
- Strong holding power reduces the rattling and vibration of components
- Does not require special tools or processing equipment for installation
- Mates with other stem densities to achieve a variety of engagement and disengagement forces
|Width||1.122 in||28.5 mm|
What is the application of 3M™ Dual Lock™ Reclosable Fastener SJ3755?
The primary application of this product is to fasten two substrates together where a strong, reliable and removable bond is required.
Does it leave any sticky residue upon removal?
No, one of the key benefits of using 3M™ Dual Lock™ Reclosable Fastener SJ3755 is that it leaves no sticky residue upon removal.
How can I buy 3M™ Dual Lock™ Reclosable Fastener SJ3755 in bulk?
You can purchase 5000 pieces/case units from our sales representatives who will guide you about the specifcations and options available.
Convenient Assembly and Re-Assembly for Automotive Trim
Ideal for attaching automotive trim components, 3M™ Dual Lock™ Reclosable Fastener SJ3255 Die-Cut Piece Part provides a high-strength closure that is easy to assemble and just as easy to open and reclose in high cycle applications. Moreover, the pieces audibly snap together with a satisfying click to form a secure, dependable and repeatable attachment.
Designed with hundreds of interlocking mushroom-shaped stems, this polypropylene fastener can replace conventional attachments such as screws or adhesives, which can be time-consuming to fit and assemble, may weaken the part, or are susceptible to vibration and weather extremes. Dual Lock fasteners are constructed with polyolefin stems and hold tight regardless of high heat, cold, moisture or humidity. These fasteners are also an excellent attachment solution when vibration is an issue – not only do the fasteners hold tight, but actually reduce vibration and rattling.
Additional Features include:
- Quick attachment to second fastener with no drilling or additional tools required
- Hidden attachment avoids unsightly mechanical fasteners on the show surface
- High temperature and solvent resistance
- Mushroom heads allow flexibility in alignment for easy attachment of components
- Can be used to attach components before they enter the final assembly plant, helping to reduce the number of parts and the length of assembly time
- Combinations of stem densities and the engaged area provide adjustable and proportional engagement and disengagement forces
- An audible snap confirms that the part is correctly installed with minimal insertion force required by the assembly worker
How It Works
This die-cut fastener is designed to be screwed or riveted to a base where attachment is desired. It is supplied with a counter sunk hole for easy attachment using pan-head screws, pop-in rivets, or an ultrasonically stacked post. The head of the screw or rivet must be recessed below the bottom of the mushroom stems to allow proper engagement of the mushroom heads.
The fastener has a rigid polypropylene backing that holds firm to the base through many openings and closings. The die-cut piece can be snapped to a second Dual Lock fastener attached to another part – forming a secure, dependable and repeatable attachment.
When two pieces of 3M™ Dual Lock™ Reclosable Fasteners are pressed together, the stems flex and the mushroom heads slide past each other. After passing the opposing mating piece, the stems snap back into their original position and the opposing mushroom heads interlock. These fasteners can provide high tensile strength but can be opened by simply cleaving or peeling open the closure.
Alignment and re-alignment is easy with no special tools required. This means that these fasteners can be used to attach components before they enter the final assembly plant, helping to reduce the number of parts and the length of assembly time.
3M™ Dual Lock™ Reclosable Fasteners allow customers to combine different stem densities and engaged areas to create adjustable and proportional engagement and disengagement forces to suit their application. Dual Lock fasteners are offered in three different densities (stems per square inch): 170, 250, and 400. Dual Lock fastener SJ3255 has 250 stems per square inch, offering a medium hold, and can be mated to Type 170 or 400.
3M™ Dual Lock™ Reclosable Fasteners can replace conventional mechanical fasteners in a wide range of assembly and attachment applications where reclosability or serviceability is desired. Dual Lock fasteners are used primarily to secure rigid and semi-rigid surfaces such as trim or door panels, instrument panel bezels, headliners, and other automotive interior and exterior trim. Some examples of applications include:
- Trunk liners
- Door panels
- Toll transponders
- Vehicle headliners
- Interior lighting
- Window and door trim
- Vibration and sound dampening control
- CHMSL – Center Height Mount Stop Lamp – cover plates
- Center console flanges
3M Science Delivers Closures You Can Count On
3M™ Dual Lock™ Reclosable Fasteners are ideal for many applications where a high strength, reclosable fastening system is required. 3M engineers have uniquely combined physics and materials science to bring the automotive industry reliable fasteners that supply high performance even after exposure to high moisture levels and wide temperature ranges. For applications that require a die-cut piece and multiple closures, look no further than the long-lasting durability of 3M™ Dual Lock™ Reclosable Fastener SJ3255 Die-Cut Piece Part. It is yet another outstanding example of how 3M technologies advance operations in the automotive industry, providing both ease of use and superior results.