3M™ Marine High Strength Repair Filler restores damaged areas of fiberglass hulls, decks and other areas on boats. This filler is a high performance product that is reinforced with short strands of fiberglass for added strength. Boat restoration professionals commonly use this product.
- Filler restores damaged fiberglass hulls and decks on boats
- Short strands of fiberglass reinforce strength of filler
- Paste consistency allows application of vertical surfaces
- Non-staining and non-shrinking formula
- 3M™ Cream Hardener included
What is 3M™ Marine High Strength Repair Filler?
3M™ Marine High Strength Repair Filler, 46013, 1 qt, 6 per case is a two-part filler designed to repair surface imperfections and cracks above or below the waterline. It can be used on fiberglass, wood, aluminum and steel surfaces.
How strong is this product when it dries?
When mixed according to instructions, our marine high strength repair filler cures to a very hard finish with excellent resistance to impact damage.
Can this product eventually crack over time?
Our marine high strength repair filler offers superior durability without cracking or shrinking. Also resistant to harsh environments including saltwater exposure.
What colors does this come in?
This specific item comes in white only. However you may choose from different additives for coloring that match your desired shade as closely as possible.
Is it difficult to apply?
Not at all! With simple mixing instructions easy application with recommended spreaders or knives (not included).
3M™ Marine High Strength Repair Filler is a specially formulated vinyl ester structural filler that contains short strand fiberglass for non-fairing applications. The fiberglass fibers interlock to provide the filler with additional strength compared to regular fillers. This filler is non-staining, non-shrinking, and comes with 3M™ Marine Creme Hardener.
This product is ideal for filling and covering scratches, dings, rust outs, blemishes, pinholes, and other simple surface defects that exhibit a true or fair line. It can also be used to level or even out depressions and low spots.
The paste consistency of 3M™ Marine High Strength Repair Filler allows it to be applied on vertical surfaces. It has a working time of 10 to 15 minutes and can be sanded in 30 minutes.Directions for Use
Before using this product, please refer to the Product Label and/or Safety Data Sheet for Health and Safety Information. The following are the directions for use:
- Must be used when surface, product, and shop temperature are above 60 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Clean surface free of dust, grease, wax, oil, and moisture. Laminate must be dry.
- Grind damaged fiberglass using a coarse grade (40 grit) 3M abrasive, and wipe clean with a tack cloth.
- Mix 3M™ Marine High Strength Repair Filler thoroughly. Next, apply the desired amount of filler on a clean non-porous mixing surface. Do not use cardboard.
- Add 2 percent 3M™ Marine Creme Hardener (1 1/2 inch strip to a golf ball-sized amount of filler). Mix filler and hardener to a uniform color, making sure to break any air bubble that may have been introduced. Mix only what you will use in 15 minutes.
- Apply 3M™ Marine High Strength Repair Filler to a clean surface to be repaired. Apply additional filler no thicker than 3/8 inch per layer, building slightly lower.