3M™ Hookit™ Disc Hand Pads provide improved operator comfort and increased surface uniformity when hand sanding. These foam backup pads utilize a Hookit™ attachment style and come in two forms, either with a contoured dome-shaped hand hold area, or a flat back with an elastic hand band that allows the operator to sand without "gripping" the pad.
- Two "grip" styles make sanding by hand more comfortable
- Hand band allows some tactile sense of work surface
- Foam backing conforms to surface
- Better results due to even pressure distribution between the abrasive and work surface
- Use with Hookit™ discs for easy attachment and change-outs
- Available in soft, medium, and firm densities to accommodate a wide variety of hand sanding applications
|Width||4 in||10.16 cm|
|Length||0.4 in||1.02 cm|
|Diameter||5 in||127 mm|
|Thickness||1/4 in||6.35 mm|
What is the size of the 3M™ Hookit™ Disc Hand Pad 88132?
The size of this hand pad is 5 inches x 1/4 inch.
How many pieces are included in a case of these hand pads?
A case includes 20 pieces of these hand pads.
Can these hand pads work with any type of sanding discs or only specific ones?
You can use any type of Hookit™ sanding disc with these hook-and-loop style, easy attachment and detachment palm-sized discs.
Are there any special cleaning instructions to maintain its performance and durability?
. Yes! To maximize their effectiveness and lifespan, you should clean them regularly by wiping gently with a damp cloth or rinsing lightly under running water but avoid soaking as it could weaken adhesion.
Can I use both sides before disposing off each pad?
Yes! These versatile reusable two-sided synthetic rubber resin molded foam pads can be easily flipped over when one side becomes saturated or worn so that handling convenience improved while abrasive life prolonged.
The 3M™ Hookit™ Disc Hand Pad offers a solution to the challenge of sanding by hand. Its bright yellow dome-shaped grip and alternative elastic hand-band style make sanding less fatiguing, protect the operator's hand, and preserve some tactile sense of the surface.
The soft and medium density foam construction of the hand pad conforms easily to surfaces while distributing the pressure of fingers that otherwise promote uneven finishes and leave finger marks. The contoured shape is comfortable in the hand and requires less gripping force. For hand sanding flat surfaces, the firm density foam construction is appropriate.
The 3M™ Hookit™ attachment system makes swapping Hookit™ Discs a breeze between applications.Recommended Applications
- The 3M™ Hookit™ Disc Hand Pad is an excellent tool for paint preparation when hand sanding.
- It is recommended to use with A- or C-weight Hookit™ Discs.
Brochures, Catalogs & Data Sheets
- Pdf Catalogs_3m power tools and ac