Scotch-Brite™ Cut and Polish Unitized Wheel is a tightly layered, durable, unitized wheel available in medium to hard densities. The wheel works well for aggressive deburring, blending, and finishing on harder metals and for applications where portability is needed. This wheel provides an excellent starting point for jobs requiring the availability of small diameters and narrow widths.
- Durable, aggressive wheel for tough blending, finishing, and deburring on harder metals like stainless steel, carbon steel, high nickel alloys
- High concentration of abrasive mineral is fast cutting and consistently produces a bright finish throughout the life of the wheel
- Flexible, non-woven construction provides controlled abrasive action that helps prevent undercutting or gouging
- Tightly layered, unitized construction can operate in clockwise or counterclockwise directions
- Scotch-Brite™ material resists loading and wears at a uniform rate to provide continuous cutting action
|Diameter||6 in||152.4 mm|
|Maximum Speed||7,500 rpm|
What is a Scotch-Brite™ Cut and Polish Unitized Wheel?
A Scotch-Brite™ Cut and Polish Unitized Wheel is an abrasive tool designed for deburring, blending, and finishing of metal surfaces.
What does 5A Fine mean?
The term "5A Fine" refers to the grit size of the abrasive particles used in the wheel. It means that it has fine abrasives on it.
How big is this specific wheel?
This particular unitized wheel measures 6 inches x 1 inch x 1 inch.
How many units come in a case?
There are two unitized wheels included in each case of this product.
Can I use this type of wheel on stainless steel equipment or parts?
Yes! You can use a Scotch-Brite™ Cut and Polish Unitized Wheel on all types of metal including stainless steel.
The Scotch-Brite™ Cut and Polish Unitized Wheel is a versatile replacement for conventional abrasive products such as rubber bonded wheels and small set-up wheels. It is made with a combination of aluminum oxide mineral and tough nylon web, which makes it ideal for producing uniform results. The unitized construction and aggressive properties of the wheel produce a smooth running, fast cutting wheel that runs cool and resists loading.Aluminum Oxide Abrasive Mineral
The Scotch-Brite™ Cut and Polish Unitized Wheel is filled with aluminum oxide abrasive mineral. This mineral is a popular choice among industrial professionals due to its cut-rate and long life. It is a tough, durable abrasive that self-fractures to expose fresh cutting edges in use, making it a better choice than traditional abrasives such as garnet, which quickly wear down with use. Aluminum oxide mineral is suitable for use on a wide variety of substrates in both woodworking and metalworking, including ferrous alloys.Scotch-Brite™ Industrial Abrasives
Scotch-Brite™ industrial abrasives are unique surface conditioning products that incorporate abrasives into non-woven nylon or synthetic fibers. This creates an abrasive system that delivers consistent results for the life of the product. The open-web material runs cool and is load resistant, which keeps the abrasive minerals cutting at high performance by limiting clogging of the fibers.
- Aluminum oxide mineral is a popular choice among industrial professionals due to its cut-rate and long life.
- The Scotch-Brite™ Cut and Polish Unitized Wheel is filled with aluminum oxide abrasive mineral.
- Scotch-Brite™ industrial abrasives are unique surface conditioning products with abrasives incorporated into non-woven nylon or synthetic fibers.