For applications requiring adhesion to oily surfaces, use Scotch® Filament Tape 890MSR. This filament-reinforced tape is ideal for bundling and wrapping applications on heavy gauge metals or applications that might become exposed to gas or oil. It offers long-term holding power, very-high tensile strength, and excellent abrasion, moisture and scuff resistance.
- Industrial-strength, filament-reinforced tape resists nicks, abrasion and moisture
- Modified synthetic rubber adhesive provides better adhesion than natural rubber adhesives and bonds well to metals and oily surfaces
- Glass yarn filaments add strength for pipe wrapping applications
- Excellent performance in the roughest shipping and handling conditions
- Excellent aging before and after application maximizes tape life
- Customizable and can be printed on with print seal process to provide advertising and warning capabilities
|Center Hole Diameter
What is the thickness of 3M's Scotch® Filament Tape 890MSR, Clear, 18 mm x 55 m, 8 mil?
The thickness of this tape is 8 mil.
How many rolls are included in one case of this product?
One case includes a total of 48 rolls of this filament tape.
Is the Scotch® Filament Tape 890MSR easy to handle and use?
Yes! This filament tape has excellent handling properties that allow for easy application.
Scotch® Filament Tape 890MSR is an industrial-strength tape used in a variety of metalworking applications. It is designed to perform well when exposed to gas and oil. The tape is constructed with a clear, filament-reinforced, polypropylene backing that provides exceptional tensile strength. It is abrasion, moisture, scuff and break resistant, even if nicked or punctured. This sturdy tape dispenses easily without curling for easy application. Its pressure sensitive, modified synthetic rubber adhesive is specifically formulated to provide good adhesion and long-term holding power on metal surfaces. It is customizable and can be printed on with a print seal process to provide advertising and warning capabilities.Recommended Applications
- Containing steel bands or wires used for armoring flexible flow lines, risers and umbilicals
- Backing and reinforcement for dynamic or static sub-sea applications under tension
- Coil tabbing and metal panel splicing
- Bundling, reinforcing and strapping applications
- Sealing and palletizing cartons
- Bundling PVC and rebar
3M's line of filament-reinforced tapes and strapping tapes are high strength, reliable and affordable solutions that give you product and package integrity. These high strength tapes provide important benefits for manufacturers of piping, metal products, furniture, appliances, automotive parts, sporting goods, as well as food and beverage processors. They are ideal for closing boxes, stabilizing pallets, bundling and reinforcing, securing appliance components during transport, and easy-open tear strips.