The 3M™ Cloth Belt 947D is designed to deliver superior surface finishing on a variety of metals including nickel and stainless steel. Made with a blend of aluminum oxide and ceramic grain, this tough belt cuts quickly and evenly while maintaining a consistently fine finish.
- Excellent belt for stroke sanding metals including stainless steel and nickel alloys
- X-weight cotton backing withstands aggressive sanding and grinding
- Grinding aid helps reduce heat and grinding temperatures
- Delivers exceptional finishes on a variety of metal substrates
- Ceramic aluminum oxide blend offers excellent cut rate and life for better performance
|Width||37 in||939.8 mm|
|Length||75 in||1905 mm|
What is the grit of 3M™ Cloth Belt 947D?
The grit of the 3M™ Cloth Belt 947D is X-weight, and it has a grit of 120.
What is the size of this belt?
This particular cloth belt measures at 37 in x 75 in for an optimal experience.
Can you tell me about its durability?
Certainly! The belt has a Film-lok backing that offers superb durability even when it comes under some weighty exertion.
How many belts come with each order?
Each order contains a total of five (5) robust cloth belts to help ensure that you achieve your desired results.
The 3M™ Cloth Belt 947D is a high-quality abrasive belt that is perfect for a variety of applications. This belt features an anti-friction grinding aid that helps to keep the abrasive cool during moderate to high pressure applications. This grinding aid helps to prevent thermal damage to the belt and discoloration of the work piece surface. The semi-flexible X-weight backing of the Cloth Belt 947D makes it a great choice for projects that require an equally durable and malleable abrasive.Blended Ceramic Grains
The 3M™ Cloth Belt 947D is engineered using blended ceramic abrasive, which enhances the toughness and hardness of the grain. Ceramic blend products feature aluminum oxide blended with ceramic grain for a harder, longer-lasting abrasive. Ceramic abrasives are engineered to fracture frequently for a super-fast cut and can handle intense heat and stress applications. The ceramic/aluminum oxide blend surpasses aluminum oxide abrasives in cut-rate and durability, making the 3M™ Cloth Belt 947D an excellent choice for refining, dimensioning, stock removal, scale removal, stroke sanding, and weld leveling.Benefits of 3M™ Cloth Belt 947D:
- Anti-friction grinding aid helps to keep the abrasive cool during moderate to high pressure applications
- Semi-flexible X-weight backing makes it a great choice for projects that require an equally durable and malleable abrasive
- Blended ceramic abrasive enhances the toughness and hardness of the grain
- Ceramic/aluminum oxide blend surpasses aluminum oxide abrasives in cut-rate and durability
- Perfect for refining, dimensioning, stock removal, scale removal, stroke sanding, and weld leveling