3M™ Scotchcast™ Electrical Resin 10N is a 2 part, thixotropic, liquid resin. It is useful for electronic and electrical applications requiring the highest level of protection. This filled epoxy based resin has a good wetting and impregnating property, which makes it easy to infuse on any surface. It is useful for applications that include filling, patching, insulating and more.
- 70 Shore D hardness
- Has 30-minute gel time at 140 °F (60 °C)
- Useful for coating coils, transformers, motors, modules, electrical and electronic components
- Withstands a temperature range of 32 to 266 °F (0 to 130 °C)
- Elongates 15% longer than its original size for easy insulation or wrapping
- Chemical- and moisture-resistant
What is 3M™ Scotchcast™ Electrical Resin 10N used for?
The 3M™ Scotchcast™ Electrical Resin 10N is a filled, two-part polyurethane resin designed to provide an effective yet easy-to-use solution for general-purpose electrical insulation and mechanical protection.
How many units come in a case of the 3M™ Scotchcast™ Electrical Resin 10N?
A full case of the 3M™ Scotchcast™ Electrical Resin comes with sixteen (16) one-pound (1 lb.) units providing ample supply for your needs.
Is the product safe to use?
Yes, absolutely! The product has been tested thoroughly, and it meets or exceeds all necessary safety requirements. It does not emit harmful substances during processing or use.
3M™ Scotchcast™ Electrical Resin 10N is a high-quality electrical resin that is perfect for a wide range of applications. With a low gel point rating, this resin is designed to cure at room temperature, ensuring that it is easy to use and highly effective.
One of the key benefits of this resin is its high tensile strength, which gives it a semi-flexible and good adhesion property after curing. This makes it ideal for applications that require excellent thermal shock and mechanical shock resistance.
In addition to its mechanical properties, this resin also offers excellent electrical insulating properties thanks to its high dielectric strength. This makes it an ideal choice for applications where electrical insulation is critical.
Another important feature of this resin is its high flash point, which helps to prevent any fire hazards due to quick ignition. This makes it a safe and reliable choice for a wide range of applications.
Finally, this resin is also highly stable, with hydrolytic stability properties that minimize quick chemical decomposition. This ensures that it provides long-lasting usage, making it a cost-effective choice for a wide range of applications.
- Low gel point rating for easy curing at room temperature
- Semi-flexible and good adhesion property after curing
- Excellent thermal shock and mechanical shock resistance
- High dielectric strength for excellent electrical insulating property
- High flash point to prevent fire hazards
- Hydrolytic stability for long-lasting usage
- MIL I 16923E Certified and RoHS 2011/65/EU Compliant