3M™ Cloth Belt 967F features high-performing 3M™ ceramic abrasive grain on a resilient polyester backing to give you outstanding durability and cutting efficiency in high pressure applications on carbon steel and tool steels.
- Durable 3M™ Ceramic Abrasive Grain means fewer belt changes and more parts per belt
- 3M ceramic grain offers outstanding cutting capability on carbon steel and tool steels, resulting in greater productivity
- Heat-resistant grinding aid enables rough grinding of titanium and other heat-sensitive high nickel alloys
- Heavyweight backing on coarse grades stands up to high pressure grinding applications
|Width||2 in||50.8 mm|
|Length||132 in||3352.8 mm|
What is the 3M™ Cloth Belt 967F made of?
The 3M™ Cloth Belt 967F is made from premium ceramic grain abrasive that provides superior cut rate and durability.
What is the size of the belt?
The size of each belt is 2 inches by 132 inches.
How many belts come in a case?
There are a total of 50 belts per case, so you can have plenty to last for your project needs.
Is this product suitable for heavy-duty tasks?
Yes, these cloth belts feature YF-weight construction which makes them ideal for sanding and finishing hard metals like steel or stainless steel.
The 3M™ Cloth Belt 967F is a high-performance grinding belt that is recommended for dry grinding in medium to high pressure applications such as random grinding systems or roll grinding applications. This belt incorporates a grinding aid for superior performance on titanium and other heat-sensitive materials.
The heavyweight backing of the 3M™ Cloth Belt 967F provides improved adhesion and shelling resistance over other cloth backings to support demanding applications and a consistent cut-rate. It is resin-bonded to withstand high heat and pressure. Common applications for this belt include descaling, gate removal, high pressure grinding, intermediate finishing, parting line removal, and shaping.
The proprietary 3M™ Ceramic Abrasive Grain used in this belt is a ceramic mineral that is chemically engineered with a unique "stay sharp" crystalline structure. This structure continually reveals fresh cutting edges on the surface of the workpiece, ensuring a sustained cut. The grain is formed using a proprietary process to enhance toughness and hardness, resulting in long product life and significant productivity benefits. Abrasives made with 3M ceramic abrasive grain have outstanding durability and improved cutting efficiencies. These products have a long service life, cut exceptionally fast, and can stand up to high pressure production environments even on the toughest materials.
Abrasive belts come in many different widths and lengths and are used on a variety of different belt sanding tools for many different applications on both wood and metal. 3M offers a broad selection of belts to fit most any industrial belt sander. Wider belts are used with wide belt sanders to dimension or finish wood panels, smooth rough cut edges of metal sheets, or add a grain pattern to stainless steel sheets. Medium-width belts fit onto edge sanders for sanding flat, narrow surfaces such as panel edges; and narrow belts are used with portable belt sanders for sanding or blending wood pieces such as cabinet doors.
The 3M™ Cloth Belt 967F has a film splice for added strength when grinding in high pressure applications. This belt is available in various widths and lengths to fit most industrial belt sanders.
- Recommended for dry grinding in medium to high pressure applications
- Incorporates a grinding aid for superior performance on titanium and other heat-sensitive materials
- Heavyweight backing provides improved adhesion and shelling resistance over other cloth backings
- Resin-bonded to withstand high heat and pressure
- Common applications include descaling, gate removal, high pressure grinding, intermediate finishing, parting line removal, and shaping
- Proprietary 3M™ Ceramic Abrasive Grain ensures a sustained cut and has outstanding durability and improved cutting efficiencies
- Abrasive belts come in many different widths and lengths and are used on a variety of different belt sanding tools for many different applications on both wood and metal
- 3M™ Cloth Belt 967F has a film splice for added strength when grinding in high pressure applications
Brochures, Catalogs & Data Sheets
- Pdf Brochures_centerless grinding