3M™ Vinyl Tape 477 is a versatile, transparent vinyl tape designed to provide heavy-duty defense in areas requiring abrasion resistance and chemical resistance. The unique stretch properties enable tape to remain stretched to conform to uneven surfaces without lifting and retracting. Offering good initial adhesion and holding strength, this tape will also remove cleanly from most surfaces.
- Transparent backing provides substrate visibility
- Thick backing provides protection in applications requiring abrasion resistance
- Unique stretch properties enable tape to remain stretched to conform to uneven surfaces without lifting and retracting
- Clean removal from many surfaces which helps reduce clean-up and labor costs
- Good solvent resistance for application protection and longer product life
|Width||2 in||50.8 mm|
|Length||36 yd||32.91 m|
What is 3M™ Vinyl Tape 477 used for?
3M™ Vinyl Tape 477 is primarily used to mark hazards and aisles, as well as color code pipes, equipment, and accessories.
Is the tape easy to remove without damaging surfaces?
Yes! The adhesive on this tape is designed not to damage surfaces upon removal, making it ideal for temporary applications.
How wide and long are the rolls of tape?
Each roll of 3M™ Vinyl Tape is two inches wide by thirty-six yards in length. In each case of product purchase there will be twenty-four rolls.
Can I use this tape outdoors or in extreme temperatures?
Absolutely! This vinyl tape has a temperature resistance range from -40 degrees Fahrenheit to 170 degrees Fahrenheit (or approximately -40 degrees Celsius to +77 degrees Celsius) and can easily withstand exposure to UV light without fading.
3M™ Vinyl Tape 477 is a thick, transparent vinyl tape that combines clarity, conformability and durability to provide high abrasion resistance. The rubber adhesive aggressively adheres to a variety of surfaces. This combination of the backing and adhesive properties help to prevent edge lifting, keeping the tape securely in place. Because of the thicker backing, this tape is ideal for applications such as protecting signage from dirt and abrasion to prolong its life and readability. 3M™ Vinyl Tape 477 tape resists most common solvents, but care should be taken to avoid using on highly plasticized materials, as well as, ketones, chlorinated hydrocarbons, and esters.Recommended Applications
- Protection of parts from abrasion
- Splicing of wrestling mats and similar type products
- Protection indoor signage from dirt and abrasion
- Protecting delicate surfaces from wear
In our 3M Industrial Adhesives and Tapes Division, we apply the science of adhesion to deliver innovative solutions that improve the design and manufacturing processes of companies around the world. In the end, our technologies help customers like you deliver competitive products to the market faster and more efficiently.