The 3M™ Elite Non-Vacuum Random Orbital Sanders combine durable, lightweight construction and operator ergonomics around a powerful precision-balanced motor for professional performance and a swirl-free finish, great for high-production industrial environments where dust extraction is not required.
- Precision-balanced steel workings and a powerful motor offer optimal performance with less vibration in high production industrial environments
- Ergonomically engineered with features such as extended curved wrist support and 3M™ Gripping Material to maximize operator comfort during prolonged use
- Pneumatic power provides many hours of continuous use, far exceeding standard electric sanders (power hose and air compressor sold separately)
- 3M™ Disc Pad (included) absorbs shock and vibration for smoother running and provides excellent disc adhesion yet allows quick, easy removal
- Newly designed wrist rest for more support
- Recessed level eliminates pinch points
What kind of sandpaper does the 3M™ Elite Non-Vacuum Random Orbital Sander, 28583, 5 in, 3/8 in Orbit, 1ea/Case use?
The sander uses hook and loop ready abrasives suitable for automotive and wood working applications.
Is this sander easy to handle?
Yes! The ergonomic design featuring an anti-vibration system minimizes operator fatigue and ensures a smooth finish.
Can I replace the pad on the sander if it gets damaged or worn out?
Absolutely! With its easy-to-remove-and-replace two-piece motor brush design plus accessible components like bearings, this tool is designed for less downtime so that you can maximize your productivity.
3M™ Elite Non-Vacuum Random Orbital Sanders are designed with both performance and ergonomics in mind. These sanders are equipped with features that reduce vibration and noise, and provide greater wrist support and operator comfort. The comfortable rubber grip features 3M™ Gripping Material, a curved-throttle alloy steel lever, and built-in wrist support for comfortable control. The recessed lever platform eliminates pinch and pressure points on the operator's palm. The speed control dial is conveniently located on the side and thumb-controlled. The lighter-weight tool has a composite cover that extends to the base to absorb and reduce vibration, preventing cracked housings and keeping tools in service. The internal muffler helps reduce noise and won't break off.
These sanders are optimized for sanding and surface preparation on many surfaces, including wood, metal prep for paint, fiberglass and composite materials, and many other substrates. Also known as dual action (D/A) sanders, these industrial-grade tools rotate the abrasive disc and disc pad in two simultaneous overlapping oval patterns so no single abrasive particle follows the same path twice, resulting in a swirl-free finish, even when sanding against the grain.
Pneumatic sanders, also called air sanders, run on power generated by an air compressor. Non-vacuum models such as these are not connected to a vacuum system and are used in applications where dust extraction is not a concern.
Brochures, Catalogs & Data Sheets
- Pdf Flyers_3mtm elite series air p