3M™ Cubitron™ II Roloc™ Disc 984F offers a superior solution for tackling metalworking applications where flexibility is required, such as weld grinding, beveling, flame-cut edge clean-up, and deburring.
- 3M Precision Shaped Ceramic Grain (PSG) maintains super-sharp points that cut exceptionally fast with less pressure compared to conventional abrasives
- Disc life is significantly longer, completing more parts per disc and requiring fewer disc changes compared to conventional abrasives
- Grinding aid incorporated on the disc minimizes grinding temperatures for stainless steel and other heat-sensitive alloys
- Roloc™ quick attachment system provides for easy disc changes between grades or applications
- YF-weight backing supports medium to high pressure grinding applications
|Diameter||3 in||76.2 mm|
|Maximum Speed||20,000 rpm|
What makes 3M™ Cubitron™ II Roloc™ Disc 984F unique?
The Cubitron abrasive grain used in the disc allows it to offer greater edge retention, increased operator comfort, and reduced grinding time.
Can these discs be used on both stainless steel and carbon steel surfaces?
Yes! These Roloc discs can work with various metals such as aluminum, mild steel, etc.
How many units come in a case of 3M™ Cubitron™ II Roloc™ Discs 984F?
. There are 200 units per case of this specific product that comes individually packed in inner boxes containing fifty pieces each.
3M™ Cubitron™ II Roloc™ Disc 984F combines the convenience of the 3M™ Roloc™ Quick-Change Attachment System with 3M proprietary Precision-Shaped Grain (PSG) technology, delivering outstanding cut rates and disc life.
PSG contributes to an exceptionally high cut-rate with less pressure, allowing operators to finish tough tasks faster and with less fatigue. The disc is constructed on a YF weight, water-resistant 2-ply polyester backing for added durability.
A heat-activated grinding aid incorporated on the disc makes this an outstanding product for all types of metal. It helps keep the disc cooler on stainless steel and heat-sensitive metals such as nickel alloys and titanium, thereby reducing metal discoloration/oxidation and the chance of heat-related stress cracks.
To create PSG, a team of engineers started with 3M™ Ceramic Abrasive Grain and used proprietary technology to form the grains into triangular structures and electrostatically orient them on the backing to form sharp peaks that maximize cutting potential. PSG wears evenly, and because the abrasive itself stays cooler and sharper, Cubitron™ II products last significantly longer than their conventional ceramic counterparts, ensuring extended high performance in production applications.
3M™ Cubitron™ II Roloc™ Disc 984F is available for use with the following Roloc attachment system: TR. Please select discs with the attachment design made for your system.