3M™ Cloth Belt 302D is an aluminum oxide belt with open coat construction and a flexible J-weight backing that conforms well for sanding contours and complex parts. It is best-suited for light grinding, finishing, deburring and setting the grain on carbon steel and stainless steel, as well as soft metals like aluminum, brass, bronze and copper.
- Tough aluminum oxide abrasive cuts fast and performs well on most metals
- Flexible cloth backing provides ideal conformability for blending and finishing contours and complex parts
- Open coat construction helps evacuate sanding dust from the belt for a more aggressive cut and longer abrasive life, which means greater productivity
- Suitable for dry metalworking applications
- Resin bonded belt maximizes abrasive life
- Designed for use on backstand grinders, file belt tools and benchtop motors
|Width||3 in||76.2 mm|
|Length||132 in||3352.8 mm|
What type of material is the 3M™ Cloth Belt 302D made from?
The Cloth Belt 302D is made from a durable polyester cloth with aluminum oxide abrasive grains.
How wide and long is the 3M™ Cloth Belt 302D?
The belt measures at 3 inches wide x 132 inches long, which makes it ideal for large surface area finishing.
Can I use this belt on wet surfaces or in water?
No, the Cloth Belt 302D should only be used on dry surfaces as moisture can shorten the lifespan of the abrasive grain.
How many belts come in each case of the 3M™ Cloth Belt 302D?
Each full-flex case contains a total of fifty (50) Film-lok belts that are backed with an anti-static treatment to prevent dust build-up - making them easy to change.
3M™ Cloth Belt 302D features an open coat construction that helps to channel sanding swarf and dust away from the belt and workpiece, resulting in better visibility and belt performance. The abrasive and backing are resin bonded to ensure that the belt runs until the abrasive is completely worn. This belt is ideal for operations that require added flexibility.Made with Durable, Fast-Cutting Aluminum Oxide
Aluminum oxide mineral is a popular choice among industrial professionals due to its cut-rate, durability, and long life. It can be used on a wide variety of materials in metalworking, including ferrous alloys, and is the most commonly used industrial abrasive. The abrasive particles are adhered to the cloth backing with resin, creating a strong bond that withstands high heat and pressure.The Benefits of Open-Coat Construction
Loading occurs when swarf or paint dust clogs the surface of the belt and the abrasive points, rendering the belt ineffective. Open coat construction means the abrasive grains are spaced slightly apart so that dust and debris have an outlet rather than loading the abrasive. These attributes make 3M™ Cloth Belt 302D great for use on soft metals like aluminum, brass, bronze, and copper. Additionally, the open coat construction provides a more aggressive cut than a comparable closed coat abrasive of the same grade.
- Open coat construction helps channel sanding swarf and dust away from the belt and workpiece
- Resin bonded abrasive and backing ensure the belt runs until the abrasive is completely worn
- Recommended for operations that require added flexibility
- Aluminum oxide mineral is durable, fast-cutting, and has a long life
- Can be used on a wide variety of materials in metalworking, including ferrous alloys
- Open coat construction provides a more aggressive cut than a comparable closed coat abrasive of the same grade