3M™ Hookit™ Disc Hand Pads provide improved operator comfort and increased surface uniformity when hand sanding. These foam backup pads utilize a Hookit™ attachment style and come in two forms, either with a contoured dome-shaped hand hold area, or a flat back with an elastic hand band that allows the operator to sand without "gripping" the pad.
- Two "grip" styles make sanding by hand more comfortable
- Hand band allows some tactile sense of work surface
- Foam backing conforms to surface
- Better results due to even pressure distribution between the abrasive and work surface
- Use with Hookit™ discs for easy attachment and change-outs
- Available in soft, medium, and firm densities to accommodate a wide variety of hand sanding applications
|Diameter||8 in||203.2 mm|
|Thickness||1-1/8 in||28.575 mm|
What is the 3M™ Hookit™ Disc Hand Pad 28777 primarily used for?
The 3M™ Hookit™ Disc Hand Pad 28777 is designed to be used by hand, and it's great for sanding flat parts and difficult-to-reach areas.
Is this product compatible with all types of sandpaper?
Yes, the 3M™ Hookit™ Disc Hand Pad can be paired with any type of Hookit abrasive disc.
How durable is this hand pad?
The hook-and-loop attachment system on the back provides a very strong grip between the pad and your sandpaper, which makes it long-lasting.
Where can I purchase this item from?
You can conveniently purchase the 3M™ Hookit™ Disc Hand Pad from online retailers or your nearest authorized distributor.
The 3M™ Hookit™ Disc Hand Pad offers a solution to the challenge of sanding by hand. Its bright yellow dome-shaped grip and alternative elastic hand-band style make sanding less fatiguing, protect the operator's hand, and preserve some tactile sense of the surface.
The soft and medium density foam construction of the hand pad conforms easily to surfaces while distributing the pressure of fingers that otherwise promote uneven finishes and leave finger marks. The contoured shape is comfortable in the hand and requires less gripping force. For hand sanding flat surfaces, the firm density foam construction is appropriate.
The 3M™ Hookit™ attachment system makes swapping Hookit™ Discs a breeze between applications.Recommended Applications
- The 3M™ Hookit™ Disc Hand Pad is an excellent tool for paint preparation when hand sanding.
- Use with A- or C-weight Hookit™ Discs is recommended.
Brochures, Catalogs & Data Sheets
- Pdf Catalogs_3m indl prds access f