3M™ Cross Pad 341D is used for close tolerance polishing of small radii and channels, deburring the ends and insides of tubing, and other special applications. When inserted into a hole or channel, the flexible cross shape conforms to the diameter of the workpiece, making this a versatile accessory for your inside diameter finishing jobs.
- Flexible, cross-shaped sanding pad fits into holes or channels of various sizes
- Abrasive is bonded to heavy, X-weight cloth backing for durability during heavy sanding
- Durable aluminum oxide abrasive offers a fast cut and long life, and performs well on many surfaces
- Durable resin bond resists deterioration from heat, extending the life of the cross pad
- Cross pad attaches to a compatible mandrel (sold separately) for use with a rotary tool
|Width||2 in||50.8 mm|
|Length||2 in||50.8 mm|
|Thickness||3/4 in||19.05 mm|
What is the size of 3M™ Cross Pad 341D?
The size of this cross pad is 2 inches x 2 inches x 3/4 inch.
What is the grit rating for this pad?
The grit rating for this cross pad is X-weight and it's 80 grade.
How many pads are included in an inner package and a case?
There are fifty (50) pads inside each inner package, while there are one hundred(100) pads per case.
Can I use this pad on metal surfaces, or only wood surfaces?
Yes, you can definitely use it on both metal and wood surfaces. It's versatile enough to perform well on various substrates.
The 3M™ Cross Pad 341D is a versatile abrasive tool that supports both grinding and polishing applications. Its X-weight cloth backing provides a sturdy base for the closed coat of aluminum oxide abrasive, which is secured with a heat-resistant resin bond. This cross pad is ideal for close-tolerance polishing or deburring tasks.
To use the cross pad, attach it to a threaded mandrel (sold separately) that can be connected to a rotary tool like a die grinder or drill. This combination allows the user to grind or finish the inner contours of various-sized channels. The maximum RPM depends on the size of the pad.
Aluminum oxide is a popular choice among industrial professionals due to its fast cut-rate and long life. This mineral creates a tough, durable abrasive that self-fractures to expose fresh cutting edges, unlike traditional natural abrasives that dull more quickly. Its fast cut-rate, hardness, and strength make it widely used in grinding applications, as well as sanding and finishing applications. Aluminum oxide is suitable for a wide variety of materials in both woodworking and metalworking, including ferrous alloys.
The resin bond adheres the abrasive particles to the cloth backing, creating a strong, stiff bond that can withstand the high heat and pressure of heavy sanding.
- X-weight cloth backing supports grinding and polishing applications
- Closed coat of aluminum oxide abrasive secured with a heat-resistant resin bond
- Ideal for close-tolerance polishing or deburring tasks
- Attaches to a threaded mandrel (sold separately) for use with a rotary tool
- Aluminum oxide is a fast-cutting, durable abrasive suitable for a wide variety of materials
- Resin bond creates a strong, stiff bond that can withstand high heat and pressure