3M™ Cross Pad 341D is used for close tolerance polishing of small radii and channels, deburring the ends and insides of tubing, and other special applications. When inserted into a hole or channel, the flexible cross shape conforms to the diameter of the workpiece, making this a versatile accessory for your inside diameter finishing jobs.
- Flexible, cross-shaped sanding pad fits into holes or channels of various sizes
- Abrasive is bonded to heavy, X-weight cloth backing for durability during heavy sanding
- Durable aluminum oxide abrasive offers a fast cut and long life, and performs well on many surfaces
- Durable resin bond resists deterioration from heat, extending the life of the cross pad
- Cross pad attaches to a compatible mandrel (sold separately) for use with a rotary tool
|Width||1 in||25.4 mm|
|Length||1 in||25.4 mm|
|Thickness||3/8 in||9.525 mm|
What size is the 3M™ Cross Pad 341D?
The size of the 3M™ Cross Pad 341D is 1 in x 1 in x 3/8 in.
What is the grit type of the Cross Pad?
The grit type of this unique pad is X-weight cloth and it has a designation of grade number "60".
How many pads are included per case or per inner package?
A total of fifty (50) pads come in each inner package, while there are one hundred (100) pads included per case.
Is the pad suitable for heavy-duty use or just light applications?
The Cross Pads' durable construction makes it perfect for both heavy duty and light-duty applications alike.
The 3M™ Cross Pad 341D is a versatile abrasive tool that supports both grinding and polishing applications. It features a X-weight cloth backing that provides durability and flexibility. The closed coat of aluminum oxide abrasive is secured with a heat-resistant resin bond, making it ideal for close-tolerance polishing or deburring.
To use the cross pad, it attaches to a threaded mandrel (sold separately) that connects to a rotary tool such as a die grinder or drill. This enables the user to grind or finish the inner contours of various-sized channels. The maximum RPM depends on the size of the pad.
Aluminum oxide is a popular choice among industrial professionals due to its fast cut-rate and long life. This mineral creates a tough, durable abrasive that self-fractures to expose fresh cutting edges, unlike traditional natural abrasives that dull more quickly. It is widely used in grinding applications, as well as sanding and finishing applications. Aluminum oxide is suitable for a wide variety of materials in both woodworking and metalworking, including ferrous alloys.
The heat-resistant resin bond adheres the abrasive particles to the cloth backing, creating a strong, stiff bond that withstands the high heat and pressure of heavy sanding. This ensures a consistent finish and long-lasting performance.
- X-weight cloth backing for durability and flexibility
- Closed coat of aluminum oxide abrasive for close-tolerance polishing or deburring
- Attaches to a threaded mandrel (sold separately) for use with rotary tools
- Fast cut-rate and long life
- Heat-resistant resin bond for a strong, stiff bond
- Suitable for a wide variety of materials in both woodworking and metalworking, including ferrous alloys