3M™ Fire Barrier Self-Locking Pillows are self-contained firestops ideal for medium to large through penetrations. Pillows feature Interlocking strips – installers can easily lock multiple pillows together to achieve precise fill and compression with no additional support required. Intumescent fire-rated pillows are designed to expand during a fire, locking themselves around vital components.
- Intumescent pillows are designed to expand and lock together for tight seal against flame, smoke and toxic gasses
- Easy to install, remove and reconfigure to help save time and labor
- Interlocking strips let installers quickly lock pillows together by hand for fast, accurate firestops
- Available in multiple sizes and can be cut in the field for precise fill and compression
- No wire mesh or additional support required
- Firestop tested for up to 3 hours in accordance with ASTM E 814 (UL 1479) and CAN/ULC-S115
|Width||0 6.0||0 152.0|
|Length||0 9.0||0 229.0|
What is the 3M™ Fire Barrier Self-Locking Pillows FB369SL used for?
The 3M™ Fire Barrier Self-Locking Pillows FB369SL are designed to help prevent the spread of fire through openings in walls, floors, and ceilings.
How big are each pillow?
The pillows have a size measurement of 3 inches by 6 inches by 9 inches.
How many pillows come per case?
There are twenty (20) large self-locking pillows included in each case.
Introducing a simpler solution to the challenges of firestopping medium and large through penetration openings: 3M™ Fire Barrier Self Locking Pillows. These pillows combine intumescent fire-rated material and a range of sizes with interlocking strips that allow installers to easily lock multiple pillows together without tools. The pillows can also be cut and resealed in the field, making it easier to assemble ideally-sized firestops for specific penetrations in floors and walls. No wire mesh, steel cover plates, or other additional support is required. The pillows are fully re-enterable and reusable, and the interlocking strips can be released by hand, making it easy to reconfigure firestop pillows as additional services are added or relocated.Recommended Applications
- Firestopping medium to large openings containing power or communication cables and conduits
- Gypsum wall, concrete or block wall and concrete floors
- Blank openings up to 540 sq. in. (3483 sq. cm)
- 1 or 2 cable racks or trays per penetration
- Conduit bank, inner duct cable and cable racks or tray applications
- Can be used in conjunction with 3M Moldable Putty+
These intumescent, graphite-free 3M™ Fire Barrier Self Locking Pillows are designed to expand during a fire, locking themselves into place to protect vital components and forming a tight seal against the spread of flame, smoke, and toxic gases. They are firestop tested up to 3 hours in accordance with ASTM E 814 (UL 1479) and CAN/ULC-S115 when installed in listed systems.The Science of Better Fire Protection from 3M
Since 1925 when a 3M lab assistant invented masking tape, 3M has been applying science to life – developing adhesive products and technologies that help entire industries and individual businesses worldwide. The work that began with a single 3M engineer now spans decades and generations. And all of it goes into each 3M adhesive, sealant, protective coating, and firestop system like 3M™ Fire Barrier Self-Locking Pillows – to improve performance and to help businesses operate faster, better, and more efficiently.