The 3M™ Silver Cut-Off Wheel is designed to deliver an unbeatable combination of performance and value in metal cutting applications. This long-lasting wheel uses 3M Precision-Shaped Grains to deliver a fast and consistent cut through pipes, tubes or flat sheets of stainless steel, mild steel, aerospace alloys and more.
- Designed to quickly cut through metal pipes, tubes flat sheets and more
- Exceptional durability extends the life of the wheel for great performance value
- 3M Precision-Shaped Grain cuts exceptionally fast, helping increase productivity
- May be used on a variety of substrates such as carbon steel and stainless steel
- Use with tools and accessories designed for cut-off wheels
- For safety, always use on a tool with an approved guard, as per ANSI B7.1
|Diameter||3 in||76.2 mm|
|Thickness||0.035 in||0.889 mm|
|Maximum Speed||25,465 rpm|
What is the 3M™ Silver Cut-Off Wheel made of?
The 3M™ Silver Cut-Off Wheel, 87458, T1, is made with precision-sharp grains for faster and cooler cutting action.
How big is the 3M™ Silver Cut-Off Wheel?
The dimensions of the wheel are 3 inches in diameter x .035 inches thick x 3/8 inch center hole.
Does this cut-off wheel come in bulk quantities?
Yes! The wheel comes in inner packs of 25 and per case quantity of up to 50 wheels.
. Is it easy to use on metal surfaces?
. Absolutely! This cut-off wheel has a high-speed rating that allows you to quickly slice through metals like sheet metal, roof decking, and other thin metals. Its hardness helps it achieve maximum performance on both soft or hard metals while maintaining its durability over time.
Cut the Toughest Metalworking Jobs Down to Size with 3M Silver Cut-Off Wheel
The 3M Silver Cut-Off Wheel is a high-performance cutting wheel that offers an unbeatable combination of performance and value in metal cutting applications. This cutting wheel is designed to cut through pipes, tubes, or flat sheets of stainless steel, mild steel, aerospace alloys, and more.
The 3M Silver Cut-Off Wheel uses 3M Precision-Shaped Grain, which is a ceramic grain that lasts exceptionally long. This grain continuously fractures into super-sharp points and edges that slice cleanly through metal. This results in a fast and consistent cut that lasts significantly longer than metal cutting wheels made with conventional ceramic grain.
These 3” metal cutting wheels can be used with either pneumatic or electric grinder tools and feature a flat, type 1 cutting surface profile. The 3M Silver Cut-Off Wheel is part of the 3M Advanced Series of abrasives, which offers long-lasting performance combined with a value price. This can help lower your overall abrasive spend.
- Designed to cut through pipes, tubes, or flat sheets of stainless steel, mild steel, aerospace alloys, and more
- Uses 3M Precision-Shaped Grain for a fast and consistent cut
- Lasts significantly longer than metal cutting wheels made with conventional ceramic grain
- Can be used with either pneumatic or electric grinder tools
- Features a flat, type 1 cutting surface profile
- Part of the 3M Advanced Series of abrasives