3M™ Polyester Tape 875 has a thin, high strength polyester film that provides a degree of conformability while meeting low caliper requirements. This tape works in demanding conditions and provides satisfactory performance in short term bake cycles at 400°F (204°C), as well as longer term autoclave processes up to 350°F (177°C).
- Works in demanding conditions including autoclave cycles up to 350°F (177°C)
- High temperature resistance provides good initial tack, holding strength and clean removability
- Provides a degree of conformability while meeting low caliper requirements
- Rubber adhesive can be used on many parts where subsequent painting or bonding is necessary
- Green color for easy identification and positioning
|Width||2 in||50.8 mm|
|Length||72 yd||65.83 m|
What is the 3M™ Polyester Tape 875?
The 3M™ Polyester Tape 875 is a highly durable, transparent tape made from polyester film with a pressure-sensitive silicone adhesive.
What color does it come in?
This tape comes in green color.
How wide and long is each roll of this tape?
Each roll of this special adhesive tape measures approximately 2 inches (50.8 mm) wide and 72 yards (65.83 m) long.
Is this an indoor or outdoor use product?
The natural qualities of polyester material make this edge-sealing, splicing, reinforcing and surface protection solution perfect for many commercial applications indoors or outdoors.
Can I buy them separately?
. No, they are sold by case only which contains twenty four rolls per case however you may contact a distributor near you to confirm your buying options.
3M™ Polyester Tape 875 is a reliable solution for high temperature applications. It features a polyester film backing with a green, rubber-based adhesive that can be used for temporary holding and masking in composite bonding. This tape offers clean release after autoclave processes where tape is used for holding TC wires, vacuum bagging materials, and tooling. The non-silicone adhesive also makes it ideal for paint masking in liquid or powder coat processes.
With a high temperature operating range, 3M™ Polyester Tape 875 can withstand exposure up to 350°F (177°C) for several hours and provides satisfactory performance up to 400°F (204°C) bake cycles in shorter cycles. It offers clean removal from stainless steel, aluminum, and glass after exposure to high temperatures.Recommended Applications
- Masking parts for high temperature painting and powder coat painting
- Holding materials or sealing vacuum bags during autoclave processing
- Temporary holding