3M™ Cubitron™ II Fibre Disc 987C offers significant gains in productivity on medium to heavy-duty operations thanks to the exceptionally high-performing 3M Precision-Shaped Grain combined with a stiff fiber backing. This disc achieves a higher cut-rate, greater durability, and longer life than other fiber discs — all with less grinding pressure.
- 3M Precision-Shaped Grain maintains super-sharp points that cut exceptionally fast with less pressure
- Mineral runs cooler and disc life is significantly longer, completing more parts per disc and requiring fewer disc changes
- Reduces changeouts and downtime in robotic and pressure-assisted applications
- Stiff fiber backing and a strong resin bond provide durability and tear-resistance for heavyweight applications such as high-pressure weld grinding or beveling
- Grinding aid incorporated on the disc minimizes grinding temperatures for heat-sensitive alloys
|Diameter||9-1/8 in||231.775 mm|
|Maximum Speed||6,600 rpm|
What is the size of 3M™ Cubitron™ II Fibre Disc 987C and its grit rating?
The size of the disc is 9-1/8 in x 7/8 in, with a grit rating of 60+.
How many discs come per inner and per case for the product?
There are 25 discs included in each inner and there are total of 100 discs per case.
Is it possible to use this disc for metal grinding or finishing on curved surfaces?
Yes, you can definitely use this fiber disc that features precision-shaped grain technology for excellent performance on metal grinding applications, as well as fine finishing tasks even on contoured surfaces.
Ideal for Robotic Weld Grinding
In medium and high-pressure applications like robotic weld grinding, it's important to choose a high-performance abrasive that cuts fast and lasts long. The self-fracturing mineral in 3M™ Cubitron™ II Fibre Disc 987C will keep your robot grinding welds long after other abrasives call it quits, reducing downtime and maximizing efficiency.
- Heavy duty metalworking applications
- Flame-cut edge cleanup
- High pressure grinding
- Right angle grinding
- Edge chamfering
- Weld removal and finishing
- Edge beveling
- Gate removal
About 3M Precision-Shaped Grain
To create 3M Precision-Shaped Grain, engineers start with 3M™ Ceramic Abrasive Grain and use proprietary technology to form the grains into triangular structures and electrostatically orient them on the backing to form sharp peaks that maximize cutting potential. These peaks slice cleanly through metal, rather than gouging or plowing as traditional abrasive grains do; and continuously self-sharpen as the points break off. This generates a super-fast cut and lessens heat build-up due to friction, reducing heat-related stress cracks and discoloration. The mineral also wears evenly, and because the abrasive stays cooler and sharper, 3M™ Cubitron™ II abrasives last significantly longer than their conventional ceramic counterparts, ensuring extended high performance in production applications.