Scotch-Brite™ Cut and Polish Flap Brushes are a versatile, high-performance alternative to conventional bristle brushes and messy, technique-dependent buffing compounds. These long-lasting, precision-made brushes give you improved consistency and greater control over a number of critical metal prep and finishing tasks, including cleaning, deburring, polishing, and aesthetic finishing.
- Aluminum Oxide mineral cuts fast and sharp for aggressive cleaning and bright finishing
- Available in very fine (VFN) and medium (MED) grades to help achieve desired finishes
- Great for cleaning, deburring, polishing and finishing
- Open web is load resistant, helping to limit buildup of debris so mineral cuts faster, longer
- Conformable nylon fibers respond to surface irregularities without gouging the surface, helping maintain original part geometry
|Width||49 in||1244.6 mm|
|Diameter||16 in||406.4 mm|
|Center Hole Diameter||5 in||127.0 mm|
|Maximum Speed||3,200 rpm|
What is the Scotch-Brite™ Cut and Polish Flap Brush used for?
The Scotch-Brite™ Cut and Polish Flap Brush is designed for cutting and polishing metal surfaces.
How big is this brush?
This brush measures 10 inches in length by 49 inches in width by 5 inches in height.
Is it easy to install or use this flap brush?
Absolutely! The cut and polish flap brush is user-friendly, making installation a breeze. Plus, it's reusable, so you can save time and money on replacements!
What grit level does the Scotch-Brite™ Cut and Polish Flap Brush have?
Our 7A MED abrasive grade makes our foam discs perfectfor medium-pressure grinding jobs that require high-quality finishes.
Is there any restriction when using this product?
/strong> Yes. As with any tool they may come with some restrictions; we recommend reviewing the Safety Data Sheet (SDS) before use to ensure proper safety protocols are followed.
Scotch-Brite™ Cut and Polish Flap Brushes use proprietary 3M non-woven materials technology. The open web construction can help limit downtime and increase productivity by reducing loading and maintaining effective cutting action longer – resulting in less frequent replacement than conventional brushes.
Scotch-Brite™ industrial abrasives are unique due to their nonwoven technology. The combination of fiber strands, resin, and abrasive mineral forms a thick, open web. The spring-like nature of the fibers responds to contours and effectively removes unwanted burrs, soils, and contaminants while maintaining the geometry of the workpiece. This reduces rework and boosts productivity. Gaps in the web allow swarf to escape, so debris does not clog the mineral. Fibers in the web continually break down with use to reveal fresh mineral for exceptional consistency, superior cut performance, and extremely long service life.
Scotch-Brite™ products not only enhance productivity, but also increase operator safety by reducing the need for cleaning chemicals and pastes, and replacing wire brushes that can break off and cause injury. From aesthetic finishing to weld blending, deburring, and more, Scotch-Brite abrasives work fast and deliver consistent results, part after part.
- Proprietary 3M non-woven materials technology
- Open web construction reduces loading and maintains effective cutting action longer
- Nonwoven technology removes unwanted burrs, soils, and contaminants while maintaining the geometry of the workpiece
- Gaps in the web allow swarf to escape, so debris does not clog the mineral
- Fibers in the web continually break down with use to reveal fresh mineral for exceptional consistency, superior cut performance, and extremely long service life
- Scotch-Brite™ products increase operator safety by reducing the need for cleaning chemicals and pastes, and replacing wire brushes that can break off and cause injury
- Scotch-Brite abrasives work fast and deliver consistent results, part after part