Scotch-Brite™ EXL Unitized Wheels feature a soft, conformable consistency that effectively smooths, deburrs and finishes the edges of metal alloys, as well as many plastics and composites. There are a variety of densities and grades starting from a very soft 2 density for applications requiring conformability to a hard, aggressive 8 density for maximum cut and durability.
- Wheel edge can be dressed for effective deburring, finishing and polishing of all metal alloys and many plastics and composites
- Tough, layered, unitized construction can operate clockwise or counterclockwise directions
- Conformability allows abrasive to stay in contact with complex-shaped parts in robotic processing
- Densities and grades ranging from soft and conformable to hard and aggressive offer utility for a wide variety of applications
- Resists smearing for cleaner surfaces and less preparation
- Minimizes heat build-up to lessen impact on heat-sensitive materials
|Diameter||3 in||76.2 mm|
|Maximum Speed||12,100 rpm|
What is the Scotch-Brite™ EXL Unitized Wheel?
The Scotch-Brite™ EXL Unitized Wheel is an abrasive tool used for surface preparation, finishing, and polishing applications. It is made of non-woven material that contains abrasive minerals bonded together with resin.
What is the size of the XL-UW unitized wheel?
This particular unitized wheel has a diameter of 3 inches, a width of 1/4 inch, and a center hole diameter of 1/4 inch.
What does "2S fine" mean in terms of grit or coarseness level in this product?
"2S fine" indicates that this unitized wheel has a medium-grade grit (equivalent to P180-P220 on the FEPA scale). It provides moderate stock removal and leaves a uniform finish.
How many wheels are there in one case?
There are forty (40) XL-UW unitized wheels included in each case.
. Can I use it on all types surfaces??
. This wheel can be used on different metals like aluminum stainless steel among others but it's always important to check if they're recommended specifically for your application
Consistent Performance on a Variety of Substrates
The Scotch-Brite™ EXL Unitized Wheel is designed to provide a clean edge without smearing, which reduces the need for additional clean up and preparation. It is optimized for use on a die grinder, minimizing heat buildup during operation, making it ideal for use on heat-sensitive materials. This wheel is filled with abrasive minerals that quickly smooth edges of metal, plastic, and composites. It is available in fine, medium, coarse, and extra coarse grades with aluminum oxide, and very fine and fine grades with silicon carbide.
Ideal for Robotic Deburring
Scotch-Brite™ EXL Unitized Wheel is a great option for robotic deburring due to its wide range of conformability options and high consistency. It quickly removes burrs and sharp edges in end-of-arm tooling operations, delivering consistent performance through the full life of the abrasive. Scotch-Brite™ offers unique surface conditioning products with abrasives incorporated into nonwoven nylon fibers. Combining abrasives with the fibers creates an abrasive system that delivers consistent results over the life of the product. The open-web material is load resistant and keeps the abrasive minerals cutting at high performance by limiting clogging of the nylon fibers.
- Consistent performance on a variety of substrates
- Clean edge without smearing
- Reduces the need for additional clean up and preparation
- Minimizes heat buildup during operation
- Ideal for use on heat-sensitive materials
- Quickly smooth edges of metal, plastic, and composites
- Available in fine, medium, coarse, and extra coarse grades with aluminum oxide
- Available in very fine and fine grades with silicon carbide
- Great option for robotic deburring
- Wide range of conformability options and high consistency
- Delivers consistent performance through the full life of the abrasive
- Unique surface conditioning products with abrasives incorporated into nonwoven nylon fibers
- Open-web material is load resistant and keeps the abrasive minerals cutting at high performance by limiting clogging of the nylon fibers