Scotch-Brite™ EXL Unitized Wheels feature a soft, conformable consistency that effectively smooths, deburrs and finishes the edges of metal alloys, as well as many plastics and composites. There are a variety of densities and grades starting from a very soft 2 density for applications requiring conformability to a hard, aggressive 8 density for maximum cut and durability.
- Wheel edge can be dressed for effective deburring, finishing and polishing of all metal alloys and many plastics and composites
- Tough, layered, unitized construction can operate clockwise or counterclockwise directions
- Conformability allows abrasive to stay in contact with complex-shaped parts in robotic processing
- Densities and grades ranging from soft and conformable to hard and aggressive offer utility for a wide variety of applications
- Resists smearing for cleaner surfaces and less preparation
- Minimizes heat build-up to lessen impact on heat-sensitive materials
|Diameter||6 in||152.4 mm|
|Maximum Speed||5,000 rpm|
What is the Scotch-Brite™ EXL Unitized Wheel XL-UW?
The Scotch-Brite™ EXL Unitized Wheel, XL-UW, 8A Medium, 6 in x 1/2 in x 1in, 4 ea/Case is a high-performance abrasive wheel used for deburring and finishing metals.
How does it work?
The wheel consists of aluminum oxide mineral impregnated into a non-woven web material. This structure creates a consistent scratch pattern and provides long-lasting performance.
Can this product be used on all types of metals?
Yes! It can be used on stainless steel, carbon steel, titanium, nickel alloys as well as other hard metals.
What is the size of this unitized wheel?
This particular model comes in dimensions of 6 inches by half an inch by one inch which makes it suitable for large surface areas or tough-to-reach places
: Is the unitized wheel re-usable or should I dispose after use?
A : While our products are designed with durability to consistently deliver premium results manufacturing recommends end users discard each piece after its first use to maintain optimal efficiency & effectiveness per safety guidelines.
Consistent Performance on a Variety of Substrates
The Scotch-Brite™ EXL Unitized Wheel is designed to provide a clean edge without smearing, which reduces the need for additional clean up and preparation. It is optimized for use on a die grinder, minimizing heat buildup during operation, making it ideal for use on heat-sensitive materials. This wheel is filled with abrasive minerals that quickly smooth edges of metal, plastic, and composites. It is available in fine, medium, coarse, and extra coarse grades with aluminum oxide, and very fine and fine grades with silicon carbide.
Ideal for Robotic Deburring
Scotch-Brite™ EXL Unitized Wheel is a great option for robotic deburring due to its wide range of conformability options and high consistency. It quickly removes burrs and sharp edges in end-of-arm tooling operations, delivering consistent performance through the full life of the abrasive. Scotch-Brite™ offers unique surface conditioning products with abrasives incorporated into nonwoven nylon fibers. Combining abrasives with the fibers creates an abrasive system that delivers consistent results over the life of the product. The open-web material is load resistant and keeps the abrasive minerals cutting at high performance by limiting clogging of the nylon fibers.
- Consistent performance on a variety of substrates
- Clean edge without smearing
- Reduces the need for additional clean up and preparation
- Minimizes heat buildup during operation
- Ideal for use on heat-sensitive materials
- Quickly smooth edges of metal, plastic, and composites
- Available in fine, medium, coarse, and extra coarse grades with aluminum oxide
- Available in very fine and fine grades with silicon carbide
- Great option for robotic deburring
- Wide range of conformability options and high consistency
- Quickly removes burrs and sharp edges in end-of-arm tooling operations
- Delivers consistent performance through the full life of the abrasive
- Unique surface conditioning products with abrasives incorporated into nonwoven nylon fibers
- Combining abrasives with the fibers creates an abrasive system that delivers consistent results over the life of the product
- Open-web material is load resistant and keeps the abrasive minerals cutting at high performance by limiting clogging of the nylon fibers