3M™ Hookit™ Paper Disc 216U is constructed of aluminum oxide on a light-weight paper backing and is suitable for finishing applications with a random orbital sander on wood as well as primer, paint, sealers, topcoats, fiberglass, and plastics. Open coat construction and a load-resistant coating help prevent clogging of the disc to optimize cut and prolong disc life.
- 3M™ Hookit™ discs are easy to change and reuse, maximizing utility for the life of the disc
- Aluminum oxide mineral is durable, cuts fast, and performs well on many surfaces
- Open coat helps to reduce loading
- Light A-weight paper backing is suitable for finishing
- Load-resistant coating prevents clogging to optimize cut and disc life
|Diameter||5 in||127 mm|
|Maximum Speed||12,000 rpm|
What size is the 3M Hookit Paper Disc?
The size of the 3M Hookit™ Paper Disc 216U is 5 inches in diameter.
How many discs come in each case and inner package?
Each case of the 3M Hookit™ Paper Disc 216U includes a total of 500 discs. There are also 100 discs per inner package.
What is the recommended grit for this product?
The product has a P320 A-weight, which makes it ideal for sanding applications that require fine finishes on metal or wood surfaces.
What type of tool can I use with this disc?
The disc features a Hookit attachment style, making it easy to attach and remove from compatible hook-and-loop back-up pads. It's suitable for use with orbital and random orbital sanders.
The 3M™ Hookit™ (hook-and-loop) attachment system is designed to make disc changes fast and easy. This means that the disc can be used again and again for the extent of the abrasive life.
Open coat construction is used to ensure that the abrasive grains are placed with space between them. This helps to evacuate sanding dust and avoid clogging the cutting edge of the grains. The load-resistant coating also allows the disc to continue cutting even when sanding softwoods, paints, and other materials that would, otherwise, clog the disc and hinder sanding ability. Together with the 3M™ Hookit™ backing, these features add up to increased productivity and reduced material consumption.
These discs feature an aluminum oxide abrasive, which is a popular choice among industrial professionals because of its fast cut-rate and long life. This mineral makes a tough, durable abrasive that self-fractures to expose fresh cutting edges. Aluminum oxide is suitable for a wide variety of materials in both woodworking and metalworking, including ferrous alloys.
- Fast and easy disc changes with the 3M™ Hookit™ attachment system
- Open coat construction helps to evacuate sanding dust and avoid clogging the cutting edge of the grains
- Load-resistant coating allows the disc to continue cutting even when sanding softwoods, paints, and other materials that would, otherwise, clog the disc and hinder sanding ability
- Aluminum oxide abrasive is a popular choice among industrial professionals because of its fast cut-rate and long life
- Suitable for a wide variety of materials in both woodworking and metalworking, including ferrous alloys