Solve a variety of challenges, including floor and safety marking, color coding and industrial applications with durable 3M™ Vinyl Tape 471. Designed to resist wear, scrapes and moisture, this long-lasting tape is available in an array of vivid colors, as well as transparent.
- Available in a wide variety of vivid colors for diverse applications such as floor marking, paint masking, and surface protection
- Unique stretch properties enable tape to remain stretched to conform to uneven surfaces without lifting and retracting
- One-piece, clean removal from many surfaces which helps reduce clean-up and labor costs
- Rubber adhesive provides excellent holding strength on many surfaces
- Good abrasion and solvent resistance for long service life
What is 3M™ Vinyl Tape 471?
3M™ Vinyl Tape 471 is a durable vinyl tape that can be used for color coding, marking equipment or floors, and harness wrapping. It features good solvent resistance and conforms to irregular surfaces without lifting.
What are the specifications of this tape?
This Blue colored vinyl tape measures at 2 inches wide and stretches up to a length of 36 yards long. The thickness of each roll is approximately about 5.2 mils which makes it strong yet flexible enough to comply with most complex shapes.
In what situations will I find this product useful?
If you need an easy-to-apply solution for any application requiring temporary adhesion such as holding items in place during shipping or assembly, creating safe walkways or lanes in factories or warehouse environments then this product might work best for your needs.
3M Floor and Safety Marking Tapes offer unparalleled flexibility and unbeatable toughness with 3M adhesive technology. This versatile tape is perfect for a variety of industries and applications.
3M Vinyl Tape 471 is a reliable option for long-lasting floor and safety marking, sharp paint lines on complex jobs, and reliable seals or repairs. Its unique stretch properties allow it to conform to rough, irregular, curved, and convex surfaces while remaining stretched and without lifting after application. The rubber adhesive offers quick stick and excellent holding strength on many substrates.
Unlike painting, which often requires ventilation and time-consuming prep and clean-up processes, using 3M Vinyl Tape is a faster, more versatile, and less costly option. It also maintains its color when exposed to abrasion, wear, and many solvents.
3M Vinyl Tape 471 has low leachable halogens and sulfur, making it suitable for corrosion-sensitive applications. Recommended applications include lane and safety marking applications, temporary surface protection, anodizing and electroplating, fine line paint masking, color coding, canister and storage container sealing, bundling and reinforcing, and decorating.
- Lane and safety marking applications
- Temporary surface protection
- Anodizing and electroplating
- Fine line paint masking
- Color coding
- Canister and storage container sealing
- Bundling and reinforcing