For anodizing, composite bonding and splicing use 3M™ Polyester Tape 8402. This translucent green tinted tape is coated with a silicone adhesive that bonds well on difficult surfaces, including silicone coated papers and films. It is chemical resistant and performs under a wide range of temperatures and environments.
- Works in demanding conditions and retains flexibility in autoclave conditions in temperatures ranging from -60°F (-50°C) to 350°F (177°C)
- Silicone adhesive provides clean removal from a variety of surfaces
- Chemical resistant adhesive and backing provide durability in difficult environments, such as anodization
- Ideal for splicing applications on surfaces that are difficult to adhere to, such as silicone coated papers and films
- Translucent green backing is easily identifiable for splicing applications
- Meets several aerospace specifications
|Width||1 in||25.4 mm|
|Length||72 yd||66 m|
What is the thickness of 3M™ Polyester Tape 8402, Green?
The thickness of our 3M™ Polyester Tape 8402, Green is 1.9 mil.
How wide is this tape?
Our green polyester tape measures at 25.4 mm wide.
Is the tape sold in bulk measurements or individually?
Our 3M™ Polyester Tape comes in a pack of thirty-six rolls per case.
Can this tape be used for outdoor applications?
Yes! Our green polyester tape is perfect for use both indoors and outdoors due to its strength and resistance to water, UV rays, and chemicals!
How long are each roll in the case?
The length of each roll of our green polyester tapes stands at an impressive length; A total length measuring out up to incredible feet- a whopping distance reaching all up until around give or take some meters (65.8m/ approximately213ft).
3M™ Polyester Tape 8402 is a thin, conformable polyester tape ideal for masking in high temperature applications and adheres well to silicone coated surfaces. The tape has a silicone adhesive that functions well for masking and removes cleanly, in one piece, from most surfaces. This tape also excels in permanent splicing operations on silicone liners, papers and films subject to high temperatures. The green color makes for easier identification.
With exceptional chemical resistance, this tape works effectively in some of the most demanding work conditions, such as anodization. The pressure sensitive silicone adhesive performs under a broad range of temperatures ranging from -60°F (-50°C) to 425°F (218°C). 3M™ Polyester Tape 8402 has a long service life and is designed to remain firmly adhered and flexible.Recommended Applications
- Splicing of silicone liners, films and papers
- Holding parts or vacuum bags during composite bonding operations
- Masking metal surfaces in acid or caustic chemical milling baths
- Flash breaker in metal bonding processes where the excess epoxy (flash) flows on the tape
- Protective tape reduces scratches during handling and shipping
- Paint mask for areas subject to higher temperature bake cycles